Lumenok Storage

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DanO

Lumenok Storage

Post by DanO »

Just wondering if there's any way to extend the life of lumenoks? Will they typically last more than one season? Would putting them in the freezer extend the life of the battery? I don't really want to remove the lumenok from the bolt. They work great now and I'd rather not tinker with the bolt. Suggestions??
If you're not part of the solution, you might be part of the problem.
W.Miguire

Re: Lumenok Storage

Post by W.Miguire »

they say the batteries are good for 5 years . so just make sure they are turned off and store them away for next years hunt . I don't do any thing to mine and they seem to work ok year after year.
W.M.
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

One thing is certain, freezing batteries is a great way to kill them. Just shoot and enjoy them. :wink:

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

i am using the same lumenock after 4 years and have shot several deer with it and was still working fine when i put my gear away this year.

as far as storage it is a real good idea to pull(don't twist) the nock about 1/4" because they can and do come on in storage if only pulled out to where the light goes off. it has happened to me more than once :oops: .
i have left my arrows in my blind overnight before and when i got to blind for the next mornings hunt the lumenock was glowing bright :!:
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvested
matrix 355
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife