Excalibur Varizone scope question

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Excalibur Varizone scope question

Post by Guest »

Lost my instructions to this scope. Anyway I have sighted in dead on at 20 yds. with my Excalibur Exocet crossbow (shooting 2117 bolts. Where is the speed ring I have read about adjusting? I can see the power magnification adjustment but not a "speed dial". Thanks for any info you might have.
GaryL

Re: Excalibur Varizone scope question

Post by GaryL »

Anonymous wrote:Lost my instructions to this scope. Anyway I have sighted in dead on at 20 yds. with my Excalibur Exocet crossbow (shooting 2117 bolts. Where is the speed ring I have read about adjusting? I can see the power magnification adjustment but not a "speed dial". Thanks for any info you might have.
What you are calling The power magnification is the speed dail :!: :wink: or adjustment....
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
RichardS

Post by RichardS »

GaryL is correct. The scope compensates for different speed ny using magnification.
-Richard-
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

GaryL is absolutely correct, if you look at the magnification ring, you'll notice the numbers from 250 to 350, even thought it's 2x-4x scope. By turning up the magnification it appears to decrease/shrink the distance between the various distance markers.

Once you have set the crosshairs to hit dead on at 20 yards, then you only adjust the speed/mag ring. Shoot at 40 yards and use the 2nd triangle below the crosshairs. If you're shooting high, increase the speed/magnification, if you're low, decrease the speed/magnification. Once you right on at 20 and 40 yards, the other markers will be on at 10 30 and 50 yards.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.

Post by Guest »

So I site in at 20yds. with the "speed dial" at the lowest setting. Then shoot at 40 yds. useing the 3rd triangle and adjust the speed dial as described. Now once this is done , do I touch the speed dial again since its now set? Thanks for the help.
Digger

Post by Digger »

Sight your scope crosshairs in at 20yds using the elevation and windage knobs of the scope. Then go to 40 yds and sight in using only the speed ring.

Digger
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Anonymous wrote:So I site in at 20yds. with the "speed dial" at the lowest setting. Then shoot at 40 yds. useing the 3rd triangle and adjust the speed dial as described. Now once this is done , do I touch the speed dial again since its now set? Thanks for the help.
No, don't set the speed dial to the lowest setting, set it at what you think the bow's speed is, shoot at 20yards and make your adjustments using the scope adjustments (1 click equals 1/2" at 20yds). Once you're on at 20 yards, don't touch scope adjustments, instead shooting at 40 yards, adjust the speed ring until you hit your desired mark.

In my case, using a 430 gr bolt, I've got my Varizone set just over 300 fps on my Exocet. On my Exomag, with the same bolt I have to set the speed just under 325 fps.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.

Post by Guest »

THANKS!! I put it on at 20yds. (after adjusting speed dial almost 300). The chronograph was showing 290 fps. Now just need to go out to the range to adjust the speed dial to 40yds. Can't wait!! :D