New Bulldog with Hawke XB 30 Scope-Fitment ?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Big John

Re: New Bulldog with Hawke XB 30 Scope-Fitment ?

Post by Big John »

I have used "high" off-set 30 mm
Hawke and Weaver rings on Excals without accuracy
Issues.

Big John
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
Trentco1

Post by Trentco1 »

I purchased a Hawke xb 30 pro for my micro 355 and swapped out the Tz using Excalibur's 30 mm rings absolutely no issues with Eye relief! Love The upgraded scope. it fits like a glove. I'm 5'11". So Put ur new scope on an try it.If theres a problem with Eye relieve. then do something about it;)
Micro 355
Hawke xb30 pro scope T&T Triger boo force 10 string Zombie slayers 16.5 arrows c/w right helical blazer vanes aluminum nocks or lumenoks
Micro 315
Tact zone scope force 10 string 16" inch executioner arrows aluminum nocks or lumenoks

Post by newbie »

looks like they have longer ADF scope rails in the mix. This is on Raid.
look at the front two bolts on the mount... looks like they added half inch or so to accommodate the bullpup.
ImageThis is my old 335.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
ThunderXB

Post by ThunderXB »

newbie,

What bow is that longer appearing ADF on?? Bulldog 380??

A longer ADF/scope rail would solve my current mounting problem.
Bulldog 400, Hawke XB30, JBK string, Dr S, TriggerT
405 Matrix, XBR, HAA, DM string, TT, ti64
405 Matrix Blackout, XBR, HAA, DM string, TT, ti64
cjonesth

Post by cjonesth »

I just measured 5 ADF rails 2 - 405, 1 - Bulldog 400 and 2 Gen 1 335.on all ADF's they were 5 5/8" long and from the back of the ADF to the front bolt on the ADF they were 4 1/16"? Newbie on the longer ADF is it an OEM Excalibur ADF? What bow is it on? Here is a pic of my Bulldog 400 with Hawke Extended rings, they work excellent.

Image[/URL][/img]
Matrix 405, Hawke Pro SR IR, TTT, Zombie arrows, NAP FOC
Bulldog 400 Hawke Pro SR IR, TTT, Zombie Arrows
Bulldog 330 Hawke Pro SR IR, Zombie Arrows
Matrix 355, Twilight DLX, Zombie Arrows
Micro Max Nightmare, Hawke XB30 Pro, TTT, Zombie arrows,

Post by newbie »

I think they changed the lenght going forward this year. It was on a Raid as stated above at the ATA. The raid is not a bullpup. So one can assume they just changed the length of the rail to help with this issue on the bullpups and not have two different ADFs.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
MTBighorn

Post by MTBighorn »

Having your scope/rail forward really opens up your bow to being more vulnerable to bumps and accidents. It sure increases the leverage on the mount/ADF screws in the event of a fall.

I leaned my bow against my truck while loading for a hunt. My bow VERY gently slide over and fell.
It totally trashed my zero by knocking the ADF rail down. I could see it right off because the arrow spring was now all the way down onto the rail :( My screws were as tight as they could be and Loc-tite used. It didn't even scratch the scope, so it didn't hit very hard.
So I am really leary of moving my scope forward because I think you are reducing durability and asking for trouble.
ThunderXB

Post by ThunderXB »

newbie wrote:I think they changed the lenght going forward this year. It was on a Raid as stated above at the ATA. The raid is not a bullpup. So one can assume they just changed the length of the rail to help with this issue on the bullpups and not have two different ADFs.

I did see where you said "Raid" and I googled it and came up empty.

Pardon my ignorance, but what's a "Raid"??

I'm all for a longer scope mount rail for my BD400 because even with a stock extender I can't get enough eye relief unless I use an Optimizer and move the scope forward on it's rail, then it's too high and you need some sort of comb raiser, which I just did away with when I changed my BD scope to a Hawke XB30 Pro instead of the Optimizer/XBR set up (which I love and is going on a different Excal).

Post by newbie »

ImageThis is a Raid. Its a micro 335 with the sound deadening system. I heard dealer only bow or something.
https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=wzZ0-f4fCTw
about 3 min into the video.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads

Post by newbie »

MTBighorn wrote:Having your scope/rail forward really opens up your bow to being more vulnerable to bumps and accidents. It sure increases the leverage on the mount/ADF screws in the event of a fall.

I leaned my bow against my truck while loading for a hunt. My bow VERY gently slide over and fell.
It totally trashed my zero by knocking the ADF rail down. I could see it right off because the arrow spring was now all the way down onto the rail :( My screws were as tight as they could be and Loc-tite used. It didn't even scratch the scope, so it didn't hit very hard.
So I am really leary of moving my scope forward because I think you are reducing durability and asking for trouble.
so what if you cant get enough eye relief?
that would happen with any mount if you dropped your bow on it.... ask how i know.
Ask paul how his optimizer took a fall.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

newbie wrote:
MTBighorn wrote:Having your scope/rail forward really opens up your bow to being more vulnerable to bumps and accidents. It sure increases the leverage on the mount/ADF screws in the event of a fall.

that would happen with any mount if you dropped your bow on it.... ask how i know.
I'm with Mike 100%. I believe the absolute is for your setup to fit perfectly,

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
NEPAbowhunter

Post by NEPAbowhunter »

newbie wrote:I think they changed the lenght going forward this year. It was on a Raid as stated above at the ATA. The raid is not a bullpup. So one can assume they just changed the length of the rail to help with this issue on the bullpups and not have two different ADFs.
I just checked my 355 and my Bulldog and the scope rail is longer on the Bulldog! Never even noticed until reading what newbie said. Must be why I had no issues with mounting the Hawke XB 30. I am really liking that new Raid 335 :D
Last edited by NEPAbowhunter on Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matrix 355
Bulldog 380
Mission Sub-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS9N8dEdZCQ
ThunderXB

Post by ThunderXB »

The Raid is a nice looking bow!

Glad to hear the new ADFs may be longer, I need one, it will be far more stable than my Optimizer set-up.
MTBighorn

Post by MTBighorn »

paulaboutform wrote:
newbie wrote:

I'm with Mike 100%. I believe the absolute is for your setup to fit perfectly,

Paul
I agree 100% that you cannot be a precision shooter if your equipment doesn't fit you. My thoughts were just that we may be better served to add stock length or buy a bow that fits the shooter better...instead of moving your scope too far out over the rail where it is not supported as well.

I love to hunt with my Matrix..but it true purpose for me is trigger time to improve my rifle skills, so that I can better compete with my 1874 45-90 Sharps rifle....and it has really helped my offhand shooting :mrgreen:
Wes
Last edited by MTBighorn on Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MTBighorn

Post by MTBighorn »

newbie wrote: that would happen with any mount if you dropped your bow on it.... ask how i know.
. So I guess dragging your bow for a 1/4 mile behind a 4-wheeler and still shooting a bullseye isn't a realistic demonstration/expectation is it?? ...HAHAHHA :lol: :mrgreen:
Wes