New Bulldog with Hawke XB 30 Scope-Fitment ?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Re: New Bulldog with Hawke XB 30 Scope-Fitment ?

Post by newbie »

MTBighorn wrote:
I agree 100% that you cannot be a precision shooter if your equipment doesn't fit you. My thoughts were just that we may be better served to add stock length or buy a bow that fits the shooter better...instead of moving your scope too far out over the rail where it is not supported as well.

I love to hunt with my Matrix..but it true purpose for me is trigger time to improve my rifle skills, so that I can better compete with my 1874 45-90 Sharps rifle....and it has really helped my offhand shooting :mrgreen:
Wes
I truly dont think it matters where the scope is mounted on the factory rail if you drop it. Under normal use I believe its fine.
Me i have no problems but i had concerns with eye relief with the bullpup. This is why i decided on the Raid instead of the supressor.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
SEW

Post by SEW »

I like the gentler feel of the BD400 while shooting than I do with the M405. Especially so, when shooting arrows in the 435-486g area. Longer power stroke but some less energy. But the scope relief deal is frustrating. I have an Optimizer/Duralyt lighted 2-8 42 mm, 30 mm tube. This scope set up is extremely accurate and can see into the night. I'll sacrifice a lot for that ability off accuracy and extreme low light capability. And I do. The Hawke extender rings should help, but actually we shouldn't need to go to those lengths. So, the identically equipped M405 gets to go hunting.
All this still points to the need for a user friendly, simple reticled (XB75 vs the Vortex), optically excellent (Vortex vs most others), lighted reticle optic, Xbow specific scope.
Even those of us needing more eye relief could get by with extender rings and a really good Xbow specific scope. If only Hawke would simplify their reticle, make the #s bigger, leaner #s (5 for 50, etc) and raise the level of glass used. Still hoping for later in 2017 or early 2018(ATA).
ThunderXB

Post by ThunderXB »

Do, the Hawke extender rings only come in high??

So you end up trading one problem, eye relief, for another = comb height.

This is why Excal needs an adjustable comb & length stock option.

Fairly easy to do, rifle and shotguns have had them for years.

SEW, I agree on the scope issue.

I love my XBRs, but the reticle isn't crossbow friendly and could use less parallax.

My Hawke XB30 could use bigger reticle lines and numbers.

My XB75 could be illuminated.

You'd think someone could come up with one that combines the desirable features: decent glass, illuminated crossbow friendly readable reticle, speed ring, crossbow eye relief, 50 yd parallax.

That's not asking to much, is it?? :D
Bulldog 400, Hawke XB30, JBK string, Dr S, TriggerT
405 Matrix, XBR, HAA, DM string, TT, ti64
405 Matrix Blackout, XBR, HAA, DM string, TT, ti64
ThunderXB

Post by ThunderXB »

Because I am VERY interested in a longer ADF/scope rail, I checked with Excal this morning and was told that the newer mounts are indeed 9/16"s longer.
Bulldog 400, Hawke XB30, JBK string, Dr S, TriggerT
405 Matrix, XBR, HAA, DM string, TT, ti64
405 Matrix Blackout, XBR, HAA, DM string, TT, ti64
Hunt it
Location: 35 mins North of Lake Erie and 35 mins East of Lake Huron

Post by Hunt it »

9/16 not going to solve issue on bull pup for most. Another 1.5" would rectify for majority and save trying to find low offset rings as there is little option in low. Weaver and Millet offer low 30mm offset and that is about it. There is 100+ AR style 1 piece offset options but they are all high.