Suppressor bows

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Boo

Suppressor bows

Post by Boo »

Disregarding speed loss, you guys aren't going to believe how quiet the Suppressor are! These things are flat out quiet! I know that Mike/Newbie will be getting one and I'm sure it will be the 355.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
mr meat

Re: Suppressor bows

Post by mr meat »

Well I hope it comes with a tether! :lol: :lol:
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen

Post by newbie »

It does come with a teather. :wink:
They are sweet shooting bows.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

That's good can't wait to see it and try it out :D Safe trip home guys!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

on mine i hear only a little improvement.not worth it. im ripping all that extra weight off mine. havent chronoed it yet but i bet my Gen 1 335 will shoot near same. :mrgreen:
Pinpoint

Post by Pinpoint »

The more I look at it the more I like the raid!!
2016 Matrix 350LE, Munchmount, RBB, Hawke XB1
Wolverine, Munchmount
Vixenmaster Strings

Post by newbie »

foofoo wrote:on mine i hear only a little improvement.not worth it. im ripping all that extra weight off mine. havent chronoed it yet but i bet my Gen 1 335 will shoot near same. :mrgreen:
I also have a gen 1. Im not a speed chaser at all. I like the handling of the bow and never owned a full camo so it got the nod.
I too will likely rip off the extra weight but for now the bow will be kept as is.
The raid is a close second but i have a 335 already.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

glad i have 2 GEN 1-s. to be honest the 335 without the weight feels better in hand. i wanted to try the bullpup and think its a great platform. it will really tighten up the Matrix line i believe. compact is where its at especially with the new crop of compounds like the Ravins hitting the market.

Post by newbie »

foofoo wrote:glad i have 2 GEN 1-s. to be honest the 335 without the weight feels better in hand. i wanted to try the bullpup and think its a great platform. it will really tighten up the Matrix line i believe. compact is where its at especially with the new crop of compounds like the Ravins hitting the market.
Its great everyone has soo many bows to pick from and choose what they like best and suits their own needs :wink:
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
SEW

Post by SEW »

foofoo wrote:. compact is where its at especially with the new crop of compounds like the Ravins hitting the market.
My exact thought when I first saw the Raven. Ever since I bought my M380 & 405, I've watched xbows go thru a shrinking process. Xbows have continually been getting smaller and/or faster, and often, both. Whatever, my M380,BD400 and M405 seem more like the Equinox or Exomat of old now. In 5 more years, I bet the Matrix series will really seem big.
Czy_Horse

Post by Czy_Horse »

What can I say but I have a way more likes than dislikes with my Suppressor. It is quieter than most of my bows, waiting till things warm up to compare to Wolverine before I can say it's my quietest :lol: . As far as weight forward goes, once I get the quiver/accessory attachment rail off the front of the bow it should balance just about perfect. I found it easier it shoulder late in the season with lots of clothing layers. Now it they would only make another suppressed bullpup micro in 315, 335 or 355 in Realtree AP Snow :mrgreen:
:idea: Where's Excalibur's build your own bow option page? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I am curious to hear if the slightly longer power stroke of a stripped down Suppressor is consistently faster than a Micro 355. But I'm not doing it to mine :mrgreen: .
Boo

Post by Boo »

Anything narrower (cocked) than a person's shoulders is unnecessary.
Although I get caught up with speed myself, there are lots of reasons why speeds past 350 or so is a detriment to the common hunter. Having said that I like fast cars and slow women :mrgreen:
I think this year, I'll be shooting my 360 Katana and my Micro 315.

Post by newbie »

And you like Sweet sweet Oranges too Don. :mrgreen:
That 360 is a sweet bow. If i was going to own a compound that would be it.
I shot it after the supressor and nearly pulled the trigger box out :shock: . It and the 385 are just plain stupid easy to cock.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Boo

Post by Boo »

newbie wrote:And you like Sweet sweet Oranges too Don. :mrgreen:
That 360 is a sweet bow. If i was going to own a compound that would be it.
I shot it after the supressor and nearly pulled the trigger box out :shock: . It and the 385 are just plain stupid easy to cock.
Considering the suppressed Micros and the Katana, what order would you put them in quiet wise?
SEW

Post by SEW »

Boo wrote:Anything narrower (cocked) than a person's shoulders is unnecessary.
Although I get caught up with speed myself, there are lots of reasons why speeds past 350 or so is a detriment to the common hunter. Having said that I like fast cars and slow women :mrgreen:
I think this year, I'll be shooting my 360 Katana and my Micro 315.
Don,
Regardless of which Excal I shoot, I have found best arrow speed range for me is 350-360: that so called "sweet spot". That's with the 380,400 and 405. Actually, that's the max speed for my found sweet spot. After my emotionally devastating 2nd time to loose a probable state record bear in 6 years(same bear - he's likely getting tired of being shot by me) with only a non-life threatening wound, my 400 will likely be shooting a 500ish g arrow with a VPA (if I can get it to shoot) or other excellent fixed broadhead.
Having grown up drag racing and getting stopped the first time when I was 15 (1962) for going 143 mph on a rural paved road, trying the car out, I've realized hi speed has some drawbacks. I think this extrapolates to arrow speed also. Incidentally, the state trooper gave me a strong verbal warning. No ticket. The warning: "Don't ever have me stop you again! You won't like it!"
Concerning speeds of 370+, I've found spine indexed arrows, well made with good foc's, and very low profile expandibles (ex: FOC or Schwacker, etc) or low profile fixed (Boltcutters, 175g Xbow Tricks, etc) can fly very consistently at 380'/sec. I don't have a Xbow that can shoot faster than that with 395-400g arrows.
Just some thoughts.