HELP IN DECISION OF XBOW

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

BrotherRon

Re: HELP IN DECISION OF XBOW

Post by BrotherRon »

In all honesty, if I was to use a C2 I would probably go with the Matrix 355.
Less speed equals less problems.. ;)
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
mreyner

Post by mreyner »

Would love to shoot the different bows, however closest store is 150 miles away and none of them carry the line. most only have the grizzly unit. :?: As listed dealers would think Excalibur would require a full line stocking of xbows.
MTBighorn

Post by MTBighorn »

Well I want to retract my previous statement as a 350's not such a bargain if they have it all stripped naked...... after you add the ADF, good scope, string stops, and arrows.... it doesn't seem so great

The Matrix 380 is looking like better and better choice if you're going to use the C2 crank anyway.... may as well start with the best :mrgreen:
SEW

Post by SEW »

So much depends on YOU. Your style of hunting, philosophy of "ethical range", pocketbook. The M380 with a 400-425g arrow will be in the "sweet range" of 350-360'/sec. Any of these bows have enough terminal energy, flatness of trajectory is affected by arrow choice and launch speed. Flatness of trajectory is ALWAYS a plus.
The only reason I have my M405 as my primary hunting bow is that Excal doesn't make a faster one.
I shot a deer yesterday evening right at dark(Duralyt 2-8 lighted, phenomenal!). The Lumenok seemed to go in a straight line during the 45 yard flight. M405.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Bad shoulders and a 330 Matrix go together like a horse and carriage. Unless your shoulders are totally destroyed, you should be able to cock a 330. I like shooting it because cocking it is a joy.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
ThackMan

Post by ThackMan »

Boo wrote:Bad shoulders and a 330 Matrix go together like a horse and carriage. Unless your shoulders are totally destroyed, you should be able to cock a 330. I like shooting it because cocking it is a joy.

Boo, The Grizzly is even nicer to cock.. It's an all day shooter. :lol:
BD400 w/ TT, HHA, Leupold 2-7x 33mm, 8ptbuk String, Munch Mount "Y", Kwikee-3SS, Dr Stirrup Kit
Grizzly, 8ptbuk String
18" SSST 112 gr Insert, SK300, Ignitor
18" BEZS 110 gr insert, Blazers, Lumenok
VPA 3 blade vented 100 gr
retrieverman

Post by retrieverman »

I only have a M380 and a Micro 335, so that's all I can legitimately comment on. Between the two, the Micro is hands down my favorite.

I hunt out of ground blinds, ladder stands, and tripods, and the Micro is super easy to maneuver in tight spaces.

My recommendation to the OP is to look somewhere in the Micro line.
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

My 380's are my favorite hunting bows, but the 350 is my favorite to shoot, but I hate cocking aids. Saying that the 350 is the easiest bow I have ever seen on servings,, and every bit as accurate,, more accurate for me to shoot off hand as it feels so much better balanced,, if you don't need the extra punch of the 380,, I would w/the 350, yer call.
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
76chevy

Post by 76chevy »

all great choices. After having one, I will ONLY buy a crossbow with a thumbhole stock. Lots of other things don't matter to me. But I love the thumbhole design of my Grizzly

I had a 355 and I don't see much difference in hunting situations between 355 and 305 FPS. I like the easy to cock deisgn.

I would only buy a bow I could de-cock without shooting though. Not sure about the dry fire inhibitors on the new excals...
mreyner

Post by mreyner »

:D :D OK I FINNELY DECEIDED ON THE MICRO 355, UNLESS SOMEONE CHANGES MY MIND :? :lol: , although the Bulldog 380 is interesting :?:
Czy_Horse

Post by Czy_Horse »

If you are considering a Micro 355, have look at the Supressor. I like it more than the Micro 335 I had. For all the 'added weight' concerns, at 5.4 lbs., it's only 0.2 lbs. heavier than a 5.2 lb. Micro 355. It balances well and is a joy to shoot, I find shooting 440 grain arrows, there is little to no after shot vibration. I find the Suppressor's bullpup design shoulders better when all bundled up in cold weather gear. I would buy another Suppressor in a heartbeat all decked out in Realtree AP Snow :mrgreen: .

Czy_Horse

Post by newbie »

76chevy wrote:all great choices. After having one, I will ONLY buy a crossbow with a thumbhole stock. Lots of other things don't matter to me. But I love the thumbhole design of my Grizzly

I had a 355 and I don't see much difference in hunting situations between 355 and 305 FPS. I like the easy to cock deisgn.

I would only buy a bow I could de-cock without shooting though. Not sure about the dry fire inhibitors on the new excals...
Uncocking is just as easy with the ADF. You just need to press the ADF lever.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

I have a couple very nice Excals in the mix already ( a 335 Micro and Matrix 380 ) but today my 350 SE arrived and I must admit this bow is the nicest looking bow in my collection besides being the easiest to draw and it's no slouch in the speed dept.

If I had to limit myself to one bow this One is in the same class as my Matrx 355 which until very recently when I sold it during a week moment, was my favorite " over all bow ".... I sold that 355 while trying to raise $ for a Micro 355 or Suppressor..

Then this beauty became available. :shock: :D

I would never feel I was "under bowed" in the hunting field while hunting Deer and Elk, with a Matrix 350 and 3 or 4 Slick Trick tipped, Zombie Slayers in my quiver. :wink:

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier