First crossbow, I joined the club 350 SE

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wildcatter

Re: First crossbow, I joined the club 350 SE

Post by wildcatter »

I have found in my 350, the Spynal Tapps, and Zombies are a bit more accurate than Executioners, when shot from spine indexed sets of arrows thise two are as good as I can find.

With that being said, I have had my best results in all conditions building mine with the Blazer vanes 1 1/8" back set, with 110 grain brass inserts, and 100 grain Slick Trick "Viper Tricks" up front, and always use Firenock D2 full capture nocks on all my Excalibur bows,, (only flat nocks on 400 and 405 excalibur's!!! but still from firenock)

Get a good Flemish string a set of Danny Miller bumpers, and a stinging aid, keep yer BH at 1" to 3/4" off the riser rail seam, and when you do all this,, DO NOT SHOOT AT THE SAME PLACE TWICE,, even at 50 yards!!! and enjoy the chit outa that great bow! :wink:
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
Ontario Savage

Post by Ontario Savage »

I love my 350 very happy with my purchase and really haven't heard a bad thing about them. You are going to like your new Roy I'm thinking...
Pinpoint

Post by Pinpoint »

Welcome to the forum!! You are going to love your 350!!!
2016 Matrix 350LE, Munchmount, RBB, Hawke XB1
Wolverine, Munchmount
Vixenmaster Strings
SouthShoreRat

Post by SouthShoreRat »

Boo wrote:
Arrowflinger wrote:Order a dozen, as most good shafts (Black Eagle Arrows are the only ones) are weight and spine matched within each dozen.
. Are they not spine matched with a half dozen order? I ordered half a dozen Zombie Slayers from Jerry and figured they would be. Not being a smart a$$ , just curious.
Yes they are, but the next 6 won't be matched with the first 6. When you're down to 2 or 3, what do you you do. Of course, not everyone is fussy.[/quote]

Arrows are not spine matched and weight matched unless you request it.

We offer Black Eagle Executioners, Zombie Slayer, Spynal Tapps and Tactical Tapps indexed for free. If you want them to be spine and weight matched we can do that service you just have to order it when to order is placed.
The things you do today will be tomorrows topics of conversation, make it a good story!
www.southshorearcherysupply.com
SouthShoreRat

Post by SouthShoreRat »

SouthShoreRat wrote:
Boo wrote:
Arrowflinger wrote:Order a dozen, as most good shafts (Black Eagle Arrows are the only ones) are weight and spine matched within each dozen.
. Are they not spine matched with a half dozen order? I ordered half a dozen Zombie Slayers from Jerry and figured they would be. Not being a smart a$$ , just curious.
Yes they are, but the next 6 won't be matched with the first 6. When you're down to 2 or 3, what do you you do. Of course, not everyone is fussy.
Arrows are not spine matched and weight matched unless you request it.

We offer Black Eagle Executioners, Zombie Slayer, Spynal Tapps and Tactical Tapps indexed for free. If you want them to be spine and weight matched we can do that service you just have to order it when to order is placed.[/quote]

When a manufacture builds an arrow they assign a level of testing to the arrows

The average manufacture will spine match there arrows to +/- 0.010 and weight match them to +/- 1 grain bare shaft unfinished weight

When a customer requests we spine and weight arrows for them we meet these specs

Spine Matched +/- .0025 and weight match to +/- 1/4 grain

The arrows straight from Black Eagle after they are indexed are capable of 1.5 in groups with field points to 60 yards. If you want guaranteed 100 yard groups you would need to have the arrows built to our weight and spine matched levels.

There is a difference
Last edited by SouthShoreRat on Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The things you do today will be tomorrows topics of conversation, make it a good story!
www.southshorearcherysupply.com
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

Welcome aboard :)
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
Triton Eric

Post by Triton Eric »

20170209_155245 (1024x768).jpg
I've enjoyed shooting the crossbow since i got it. Ive also ordered a couple goodies. The arrows came from South Shore Archery and Jerry was a pleasure to talk with. It toke 10min's to order the arrows, then 30mins of BS's about fishing. The Hawke was an ebay find.

I still need to get some bumpers and i'm looking for a broadhead target that wont break the bank. I have pretty well decide to go with Swhacker broadheads.
Ldz
Location: CT ( probably the worst state to be a xbow enthusiast )

Post by Ldz »

That pic got me excited. I know a lot of guys ( Fletcher's ? )that build a really good arrow and I wouldn't hesitate to shoot any of them when it counts. But Jerry's just have a little something extra. Imo you won't find better and your right, super easy to deal with and an all around good dude.

Ps. I'm not just saying that because he's posting in this thread : )