Hawke XB1 Scope

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wsisk

Hawke XB1 Scope

Post by wsisk »

Anybody tried the scope :?: Same price as nikon bolt but xb1 has speed ring and is illuminated.
Last edited by wsisk on Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
MIcro 335 GEN 2
Widow Maker/ Undertaker
Nchunterkw Strings
Vixenmaster Slave Stringer
Cabelas Laser Stricker 11 Broadheads
vixenmaster

Re: Hawke XB1 Scope

Post by vixenmaster »

I had one, its glass isn't as good. It does have several xhairs n its Illuminated. I do like it as well as the Nikon, over all it may be much more user friendly in early mornin n late afternoon in darker woods
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Pinpoint

Post by Pinpoint »

I got one of these for Christmas. It's on my 350 now but I haven't been able to shoot it yet. It's an obvious upgrade from the deadzone. I was looking at the Nikon at the same shop but it was in a plastic bubble type packaging so it was hard to really tell. I went with the xb1 because it was lighted with the speed ring. The Nikon was actually $10 cheaper at that shop. I just figured it would be easier to sight in with speed ring. Lots of guys swear by the Nikon though. I don't think you can go wrong either way!
2016 Matrix 350LE, Munchmount, RBB, Hawke XB1
Wolverine, Munchmount
Vixenmaster Strings
catclr

Post by catclr »

Got one last year to replace a deadzone, and glad I did. Might be better ones out their but for the price very happy with this scope.
Bought mine here------http://www.wyverncreations.com/
Matrix 355----Scorpion
Hawke XB1
DrStirrup Products All
nchunterkw,Boo strings
Steelforce B.H.
Magnus B.H. Ser-Razor 125 gr.
SPYNAL TAPP
Nufletch Ignitors
NockOut Lighted Nocks
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

I have no experience with the XB 1, but I do have, and am really pleased with my two XB 30's, if the quality of your XB 1 is close to that of the XB30 Pro's (?) I 'think you will like it just fine. :wink:

I have owned a Nikon Bolt in the past mounted on a Axiom I once owned. They are an awfully clear and what I would consider a high quality scope...My only issue was with the speed of the bows I own, I felt having a speed dial was important as none of mine " hover " in the 300 fps speed range. Which what I believe the nikon is set up for ? As you are shooting a Micro 335 and may be using arrows in the 400-425 gn range it may indeed suit your requiremnets if illumination is not required for your needs. :wink:

You may also keep an eye out for a "deal" on a Crossbones as it too is a great, though non-illuminated scope. Their glass is excellent IMO and have a speed ring which I really like. I have one of those on the new 350 I just had arrive yesterday. ( which I kept off a Matrix 355 I resently sold ) I have seen them in the classifieds, but not often under $200. I have also read of on-line specials where they have been advertised for a bit under $200.

Others really like the Redfield Revenge which speed adjustable while being pretty close in cost to the Nikon and XB 1.

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

I have both the XB1 and the XB30 Pro SR. My XB1 is a bit older (5 yrs) but it looks like the same scope as on their website. Red/Green illuminated with 5 settings for each. The XB30 is Red only with an infinite brightness adjustment.

At the time, to me the XB1 was a pretty big step up from the Varizone I had. I like the reticle much more than the chevrons in the Varizones. It is also illuminated. Then the XB30 Pro was a very big step up over the XB1. The glass is much better and I like the reticle a bit better. Has yardages marked out to the side. This helps you easily verify you have the right one on longer shots. Also, the infinite brightness adjustmrnt is very helpful. But the biggest difference is the glass.

As I said, my XB1 is a bit older. The million dollar question is if the new ones have the same older glass or if improvements have been made.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
wsisk

Post by wsisk »

Thanks to you that responded.I thought there would have been more responses :roll:
MIcro 335 GEN 2
Widow Maker/ Undertaker
Nchunterkw Strings
Vixenmaster Slave Stringer
Cabelas Laser Stricker 11 Broadheads
SEW

Post by SEW »

I'll give you one more response. The Zeiss XB75 has some great strengths to consider as well as one serious weakness.
The strengths: the best glass of any dedicated Xbow scope except for the discontinued and sold out Vortex, the best and easiest to use reticle I've seen,
still available, originally $399 now reports of $180 somewhere (check Amazon, eBay ), Zeiss quality - it's the entry level Terra. I have 2 XB75s - on Solution(350), and M380. Outstanding, IMO , and reticled to 75yds.
The drawback: no lighted reticle. The reticle disappears well before the images do. A year or two ago I did a comparison of the XB75, Hawke XB30, Hawke XB30 SR PRO, and the Leupold VX1(3x9), Zeiss Duralyt 2-8 lighted, a 2-7 Leupold VXR , all on Optimizers. I had all xbows on a long table with a foam deer target/decoy at 20 yds and another at 60 yds. I recorded when the latest time was that I could make a well defined shot on the kill zone of each deer. In each case, with the unlighted reticles, the limitation was the reticle disappearing. The Hawke XB30's reticle set on the lowest setting was still too bright and washed out the deer image . This was corrected with the variable, and improved, reticle lighting of the SR PRO. However, the SR PRO's glass was not up to the other scopes' glass but was not far behind the XB75 or VX1. The winner, as expected, was the Duralyt. At 25 minutes past legal shooting time, the deer could have still been shot. The VXR was a few minutes behind but was disadvantaged by scope size. I think a 3x9 VXR would have closed the gap some. The Duralyt's image was as vivid at 8x as on 2x or inbetween. It was the clear standout. Next, the VXR, then the SR PRO which was about tied with the VX1(nice solid xhair - still can be seen quite late), then the XB75 followed by the way too bright a reticle on the XB30.
For the money, the SR PRO is likely the standout for overall performance, light and lowlight , for a dedicated Xbow scope. When it gets new glass and a simplier reticle, it will likely rein.
For daytime and moderately low light, the XB75 is the clear winner for a dedicated Xbow scope.
For dark to dark hunting, the Duralyt lighted 2-8 reins supreme with the 2-7 VXR not far behind(nice size) but the larger 3x9 would likely close the gap considerably. One of my Duralyts, I got used at about new VXR prices. No regrets. Incidentally, VXRs come used also, with a lifetime warranty.
90+% of my hunting is done with one of my 2 Duralyt scoped xbows (400,405).
Hope this helps.
PS I expect Hawke will improve the optics, and hopefully the reticle, in the SR PRO replacement within less than a year.