BRUSH OR SPRING ARROW RETAINER?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Boo

Re: BRUSH OR SPRING ARROW RETAINER?

Post by Boo »

ihavethetools wrote:
Boo wrote:The single biggest issue I would have with a brush on the end of an arrow retainer is that the tension would change as the bristles get bent. I would however, silence the arrow retainer as long as it hit the flight deck after the shot.
Personally, I use double wall (self sealing) heat shrink tube that seems to work for me. One of the additional benefits to the double wall heat shrink is that it gives the retainer a bit of grip onto the arrow shaft, reducing the possibility of a partial dryfire. Whatever floats your boat!
If I may ask Boo, what size double wall shrink tube did you use ? What ratio, 2.1, 3.1 ? Anyone have a photo of the shrink tube installed ? Thanks, Dave
I use 3:1 / 3/8"

Some people just like stepping on rakes
mreyner

Post by mreyner »

Have a very hard question :oops: , when you state the 2:1 3:1 it that a thickness of the material or what? :?: Not to smart on my end :lol: is this the "sealing" type of shrink with the sealant? Still like the "tooth brush" idea however was thinking of trying out a "used" toilet brush, with built in cover scent! :roll:
Boo

Post by Boo »

mreyner wrote:Have a very hard question :oops: , when you state the 2:1 3:1 it that a thickness of the material or what? :?: Not to smart on my end :lol: is this the "sealing" type of shrink with the sealant? Still like the "tooth brush" idea however was thinking of trying out a "used" toilet brush, with built in cover scent! :roll:
The ratio is the shrink ratio and the other number is the diameter.
Double wall is a self sealing type.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
mreyner

Post by mreyner »

Thanks never new that. :oops:
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I will take a pic or two today n post here of my brush set-up. I have been shootin some wid my Matrix wid it. It has enuff stiffness to hold the arrow well n its not hard to load. I don't pay attention to noise, but i really don't hear any as its shot
Last edited by vixenmaster on Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Voodoo Queen's brush, its niffty

Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
mreyner

Post by mreyner »

How does the Voodoo work? What a dumb question. :oops: Answered above :shock: