Broken limb tip (again!)

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Troubleshooter

Broken limb tip (again!)

Post by Troubleshooter »

Four months ago I had a broken limbtip on my 380 Blackout:
http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... =1&t=63396

It was not a very big problem, thanks to the great warranty. I received a pair of new limbs from Excalibur.

But now I have the same problem again(!) in very short time. Brace height was perfect and was using a new string. (So the loop of the string was not to large.)

Was thinking not to tell this on this forum, because I trust the warranty-service. But I really starting to loose my trust in this product. I had also a faster arrow - drop with the new limbs and cocking was much easier - so I think these replacements are not so strong as the original ones. (Maybe made for less chance breaking the limb?)

Next to this: I'm living in Holland and this time they want me to send my limbs and riser to Canada. (a photo will not do?) With customs between, this can take a very long time and extra work.

Because of these reasons I'm thinking about not sending this back and look for another bow. And that's a shame, because I just chose this brand because it represents reliability. And that they have not fulfilled
Dominic

Re: Broken limb tip (again!)

Post by Dominic »

It is from bogensportwelt? Order the next bow from arrowinapple.de or armbrustmarkt.de. They have a great service. A friend had limb issue 3x with a micro... it was no Problem for arrowinapple that he can change to a matrix 330. Sorry to hear from your issue. I hope they will fix it fast as possible. And the cost for shipping is expensive, too. I feel with you.
Micro Bulldog 335
Micro 308 Short
BD 330
Woodstock 342 (Matrix)
Matrix 355 with 310 Riser
Troubleshooter

Post by Troubleshooter »

Thank you! It was not from Bogensportwelt (I know the store), but it came from a store in Holland. (Elst)

Thanks for your advice.
Big John

Post by Big John »

They want to see if there is an issue with the riser limb area that may be causing this. Photo wont show it the way they need to evaluate. I know it may be costly and annoying, but maybe you could talk to them and discuss some kind of shipping arrangement. They will get to the bottom of your problem and thus alleviating any future issues. Great company service. I really hope your up and dropping shots soon.

Big John
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
Boo

Post by Boo »

Exactly which string were you using?
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Troubleshooter

Post by Troubleshooter »

Thank you Big John.

I've heard people did get a 'new type' of riser, when having problems. Personally, I didn't get a new riser 4 months ago when having problems.

But it is all getting confusing now...: first it was a limb problem (made in to hot temperatures) and now there is a riser problem.

I wish they did send me another riser the first time - beïng aware of this riser-problem.
Troubleshooter

Post by Troubleshooter »

Boo wrote:Exactly which string were you using?

Just the normal Matrix - string.

Post by newbie »

The riser will not cause limb tip problems.
Usually the string or brace height is the cause.
partial dry fires maybe as well.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
Troubleshooter

Post by Troubleshooter »

In that case I don't understand why they asked me to send back my riser also.
Last edited by Troubleshooter on Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Troubleshooter wrote:

A brand new factory original string?
Troubleshooter

Post by Troubleshooter »

Boo wrote:
Troubleshooter wrote:

A brand new factory original string?
I had it a few years at home (unused) as a spare-string. And did put it on the crossbow - while putting the new limbs on.
SEW

Post by SEW »

Troubleshooter wrote:
I had it a few years at home (unused) as a spare-string. And did put it on the crossbow - while putting the new limbs on.
While or after putting the limbs on?
Troubleshooter

Post by Troubleshooter »

SEW wrote:
Troubleshooter wrote:
While or after putting the limbs on?
After.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Troubleshooter wrote:
Boo wrote: A brand new factory original string?
[/quote]
Is that yes?
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

Mr. Troubleshooter,

Sorry to hear of the issues you're having. Limb tip breaks historically happen when too much energy is exerted to the string which is normally caused by the arrow not being properly seated against the string. It is possible to have a faulty tip but that is much more rare. We also found that some nocks and lighted inserts if too slippery will allow the arrow to slip under the arrow causing the same issue. Some very stiff strings or strings with large loop ends can also be hard on limb tips. When we test limbs we actually dry fire crossbows multiple times and the limb tip fails the majority of the time.

The reason we are asking to get the entire limb system back is so we can offer any updates. If you're not interested in having any riser changes then we will gladly just send you the limbs. Please advise.

Peter