String stretch

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

portalto

String stretch

Post by portalto »

Snowing finally stopped in the mountains and I got to shoot my new 350 SE. My matrix came with the green string and initially had a brace height of 1.5". Will I lose many FPS as my string stretches. Shooting 400 grain bolts very fast now based on drop distance from 20-30 yards. Thanks to all
xcaliber

Re: String stretch

Post by xcaliber »

Keep it off the bumpers if you have them, or keep it above the minimum recommended height. I'm not sure what that dimension is.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
portalto

Post by portalto »

As of now I am one inch off bumpers. 30 shots so far and brace height is still at 1.5". The bow is shooting great at this point and I have no complaints.
jefrohio

Post by jefrohio »

1 inch off the bumpers sounds like quite a bit, leave it cocked overnight and shoot it some more, it may stretch some. A string expert will come along and chime in with more concise advice. Jefro
Matrimax
Ibex
Camx
Max point
Grizzly
Cub
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

After some enlightening posts from Boo about gained speed at higher brace heights, i would not worry too much. I do keep mine about 1/4" from the bumpers, but if it is shooting great, let it ride right there. It will come down some after lots of shooting.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
portalto

Post by portalto »

Thanks so much,I have some hogs in Texas waiting on me to give them a major dirt nap. Don't want to disappoint
Ontario Savage

Post by Ontario Savage »

I bet it won't take long and that string will stretch all the way down to the bumpers