Fixed Blade vs Mechanical Broad Heads

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

carperdoug

Fixed Blade vs Mechanical Broad Heads

Post by carperdoug »

Naturally this is a topic that usually creates a heated discussion. Not my intent! There are many quality heads available. The best one is the one you have confidence in.

This article is not based on opinion or perception but actual data. I personally found it very informative.

https://www.qdma.com/high-deer-recovery ... roadheads/
dabluz

Re: Fixed Blade vs Mechanical Broad Heads

Post by dabluz »

https://www.qdma.com/high-deer-recovery ... roadheads/

No doubt, mechanical blades are very efficient. But I don't hunt deer.....I hunt moose.
Vortex
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

X2 on aa's opinion. Also l can shoot my spitfires or cabellas lazer strike 2 on all 5 of my bows with a zombie and get total field point accuracy no sight adjustments this is golden to me l dont have time to fiddle with different fixed heads.....also in stand l believe a mechanical is safer in case of a mishap. ..im full of them ! Mishap is my middle name
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Phillyarcher

Post by Phillyarcher »

I believe that what you shoot and you are confidence in that broadhead is the one to go with. The market today is flooded with all good broadheads be mechanical or fixed. Over the years I switched over to mechanical and still use them today. One they are safer like Longbow Joe said . Also they fly really good and you do not have to tune them with a lot of time. As the saying goes to each there own. The one I use is the Spitfire Max 125 grain which I shoot in both my xbow and compound.
Excal Vortex
Excal Micro 335
NAP Spitfire Max 125 grain
Hawke XB Pro 30 SR