The Number 1 most customized deadly Excalibur Crossbow

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Eragon

Re: The Number 1 most customized deadly Excalibur Crossbow

Post by Eragon »

Arrowflinger wrote:This Matrix Mega 405 has a bipod high powered flashlight Sweet bow, out of curiosity whats the flashlight for ; varmint hunting?
The flashlight is for low light conditions or night hunting I can shine it and see perfectly with my twilight scope out to a 100 yards....that being said I don't night hunt except for varmints I like sitting in my tree stand watching a bait pile for coyotes and foxes etc for the furs the light never bothers them as long as I stay quiet its a breeze they do move around alot hard to get a shot
Eragon

Post by Eragon »

Ldz wrote:
Eragon wrote:
Ldz wrote:#2. His baby brother.
Love it I knew I couldn't be the only one with a mounted rangefinder like that...what kind of scope you using and all you need now is to add the optimizer speed dial

Don't need the hha. The scope is a Zeiss. Just get the speed right on the bdc and it is calibrated out to 80. It's my first time trying this scope but not my last. It's been dead at every yardage. Even at 80 I can keep a six pack of bee's under 3" offhand.
Can you tell me a little more about this scope and how it works that sounds worth having then do away with my dial etc is 80 the farthest out you can shoot with it I do up to 100 with my dial but only for target practice
ThunderXB

Post by ThunderXB »

Can you tell me a little more about this scope and how it works that sounds worth having then do away with my dial etc is 80 the farthest out you can shoot with it I do up to 100 with my dial but only for target practice

Probably just a Zeiss XB75 with the speed dial.

You set your back dial to the speed of the bow, confirm with shooting and you're good with the reticle distance holdovers to 70-80 yards.
Bulldog 400, Hawke XB30, JBK string, Dr S, TriggerT
405 Matrix, XBR, HAA, DM string, TT, ti64
405 Matrix Blackout, XBR, HAA, DM string, TT, ti64
Ldz
Location: CT ( probably the worst state to be a xbow enthusiast )

Post by Ldz »

Txb has it correct. The hha is definitely the way to go. Especially if you want to go past 80 but I was surprised and happy with the groups and penetration at 80 that I didn't feel the need to tweak it at all. Usually theses scopes with a bdc ( speed dial ) seem to have some inconsistencies but this one is nuts at every yardage. Sometimes it's just a matter of playing with the dial a little. As a bonus the glass is very nice. I'll definitely be using this Zeiss again.
Ldz

Post by Ldz »

Re the weight. I just threw on a Harris bipod for the heck of it. It's coming in at just about nine even. Now my kodas won't feel left out : )

Eg , I'm not sure where you lay your head but be careful with that light. Some wardens don't take kindly to them.
ThunderXB

Post by ThunderXB »

Ldz wrote:Txb has it correct. The hha is definitely the way to go. Especially if you want to go past 80 but I was surprised and happy with the groups and penetration at 80 that I didn't feel the need to tweak it at all. Usually theses scopes with a bdc ( speed dial ) seem to have some inconsistencies but this one is nuts at every yardage. Sometimes it's just a matter of playing with the dial a little. As a bonus the glass is very nice. I'll definitely be using this Zeiss again.

I have 3 Vortex XBRs, a Hawke XB30 Pro, a couple Tact Zones, and 1 Zeiss XB75.

While I really like the XBRs, I do have to say that so far I've been impressed with the Zeiss XB75. Haven't really had a chance to shake it out at longer than my indoor 15 yd range since I broke a limb on the bow it was on (and it's still winter here in WI). IF it had a variable illuminated reticle, it would almost perfect.

(in my eyes anyway)
Bulldog 400, Hawke XB30, JBK string, Dr S, TriggerT
405 Matrix, XBR, HAA, DM string, TT, ti64
405 Matrix Blackout, XBR, HAA, DM string, TT, ti64
Eragon

Post by Eragon »

Ldz wrote:Re the weight. I just threw on a Harris bipod for the heck of it. It's coming in at just about nine even. Now my kodas won't feel left out : )

Eg , I'm not sure where you lay your head but be careful with that light. Some wardens don't take kindly to them.
deep in the wilderness in northern alberta along the rockies no trouble with them wardens here
Ldz

Post by Ldz »

Eragon wrote:
Ldz wrote:Re the weight. I just threw on a Harris bipod for the heck of it. It's coming in at just about nine even. Now my kodas won't feel left out : )

deep in the wilderness in northern alberta along the rockies no trouble with them wardens here

Copy that eg. That's great. I miss the mountains and open forest for hundreds of miles. Right now I'm stuck in the land of the liberals. I can't even drink a large soda without someone noticing. Never mind a light on my weapon. Just a friendly heads up. I figured you had a handle on it but would hate to see you get jambbed up over something silly.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Mighty fine outfits you have
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315