Dr. Sturup DB Killer Etc.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

mreyner

Dr. Sturup DB Killer Etc.

Post by mreyner »

Anyone one tried out their products? Opinions?
Tom

Re: Dr. Sturup DB Killer Etc.

Post by Tom »

Many members have. He has shown up at Boofest the last 2 years so people could handle and try his products.

If you do a search with his name you will find many threads with members opinions on his product.

Tom
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
Boo

Post by Boo »

Yep, they all work as intended. The Stirrup is the bomb! It will negate any possibility of sticking an arrow into your foot during decocking, prevent brush from snagging your broadhead, make cocking much easier (like shortening your rope), lower noise and allow you to stand your bow on it's nose.
The negative? It is 9 ounces heavier than the original stirrup.
His string stops really do lower noise and are pretty much indestructable.
The rope cocker is pretty efficient. The handles allow you to grip with 4 fingers rather than 2 and also uses 2 rollers per hook, making centering the string better. The handles of the rope cocker sit up rather than the traditional 90 degrees to the mainframe which shortens the reach, effectively making cocking easier.
If you come to Boofest, you might get a full set free!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
dabluz

Post by dabluz »

Wow.....I looked at the videos and was amazed. The cocking rope is the thing that interests me the most. I am of shorter stature so I had to adjust my cocking rope and I have to pull on my string quite a bit to hook my rope cocker. This makes it difficult for an even pull on both limbs. I almost have to get on the tip of my toes to lock the string in place. I also have to quickly cock my crossbow. If I go too slowly, I sometimes have to start over again. Right now, 200 lbs is the maximum I can handle. I don't have the budget to buy one right now but it would make a great present if somebody want's to give me one. I also like the replacement bumpers.
Vortex
SEW

Post by SEW »

The stirrup, which allows both feet to be used, has a geometric component that reduces felt draw weight. Actually, the legs can be used while the arms are held stationary. Anyway, the entire Dr Stirrup kit makes my 405 feel like a 380 and my 380 like a 355. I agree with Boo, that any Excal is enhanced by the addition of a Dr Stirrup kit.

Post by newbie »

The stirrup helps people shoot bows they couldn't normally cock.
No way i could have cocked Pauls 405 monster if he didn't have the stirrup.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

Well worth the money . I have them on all my bows, they work just like Jaston says. you can't wear the bumpers out .
W.M.
Boo

Post by Boo »

dabluz wrote:Wow.....I looked at the videos and was amazed. The cocking rope is the thing that interests me the most. I am of shorter stature so I had to adjust my cocking rope and I have to pull on my string quite a bit to hook my rope cocker. This makes it difficult for an even pull on both limbs. I almost have to get on the tip of my toes to lock the string in place. I also have to quickly cock my crossbow. If I go too slowly, I sometimes have to start over again. Right now, 200 lbs is the maximum I can handle. I don't have the budget to buy one right now but it would make a great present if somebody want's to give me one. I also like the replacement bumpers.
How far are you from Wickham/Drumondvile?
Some people just like stepping on rakes
dabluz

Post by dabluz »

Boo wrote:
dabluz wrote:Wow.....I looked at the videos and was amazed. The cocking rope is the thing that interests me the most. I am of shorter stature so I had to adjust my cocking rope and I have to pull on my string quite a bit to hook my rope cocker. This makes it difficult for an even pull on both limbs. I almost have to get on the tip of my toes to lock the string in place. I also have to quickly cock my crossbow. If I go too slowly, I sometimes have to start over again. Right now, 200 lbs is the maximum I can handle. I don't have the budget to buy one right now but it would make a great present if somebody want's to give me one. I also like the replacement bumpers.
How far are you from Wickham/Drumondvile?
I'm 2 1/2 hours north of Quebec City and I think Drummondville is about 2 hours from Quebec city. It's close to 6 hours between Chicoutimi and Montreal.
Vortex
dabluz

Post by dabluz »

A more stable stirrup is a good idea but the extra 1/2 lb at the front of my crossbow is a bit of a problem. For those who hunt from stands, the extra weight is no problem. Maybe someday, someone will invent a stirrup that can be carried in a pocket. It's not something that is used more than a couple of times every day. But then again, the protuding stirrup protects the arrow head and makes a great device for hanging up the crossbow.
Vortex
schott

Post by schott »

yea I would like a c2 crank a anti dry fire scope mount and some baby bumbers if someone wants to give me them :lol:
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....Gaston is an unbelievable person and his products work as advertised....being a little short for my weight, I appreciate the ease the 4x4Kocker makes in cocking the bow....I have his complete setup on all three of my crossbows...well thought out by a crossbow hunter for a crossbow hunter!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
dabluz

Post by dabluz »

Everything is working fine for me now. I'm 70 yrs old and in a few years, the 200 lb 16 1/2 inch draw will be too much for me and I will most definately buy a rope cocker from Dr. Stirrup and maybe even one of his stirrups. The cranking system will be the last item on my list.
Vortex
sean

Post by sean »

I put the bumpers on my Vixen at Christmas and I'm not convinced it helps. they may last longer than s5s but only time will tell.

Post by newbie »

sean wrote:I put the bumpers on my Vixen at Christmas and I'm not convinced it helps. they may last longer than s5s but only time will tell.
They will last longer.... no question about it. Just feel the difference in materials used.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!