stirrup

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

hankenhunter

Re: stirrup

Post by hankenhunter »

For walk and stalking, the stirrup helps keep the arrow from being yanked from the bow by branches. I had the idea of attaching a bracket on either side of the stock with a stirrup that can be slid in and out as needed but apon further thought I crumpled up the plans in the interest of safety.
Hank
rein1

Post by rein1 »

schott wrote:it was just a taught I know they have quick release for rifle scopes, maybe I think too much :roll:

Have a beer ..
mreyner

Post by mreyner »

Make it two. :shock:
SEW

Post by SEW »

Gaston took care of this with the Dr Stirrup stirrup. It has many positives. However, the original stirrup can be wrapped in thick rubber tape, 1 oz wheel weights taped on the parallel sides on the outside near the end where the stirrup turns (the part perpendicular to the riser), and then wrapping the entire stirrup with camo'd cloth/plastic coated tape. Same type tape as black 3"-4" wide gorilla tape. I then use a very tight zip tie about every inch. This stops the tuning fork sounds from the original stirrup.
I have 3 of these meticulously prepared stirrups that are absolutely quiet during the shot. However, they have been replaced with the Dr Stirrup stirrup, not for noise reasons but for their other advantages.