My alternative to banding

Crossbow Hunting

Moderators: Bill T, Excalibur Marketing Dude

longbow joe

Re: My alternative to banding

Post by longbow joe » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:10 am

No advantage .silicone dosnt degrade .as said just a different approach.
Micro 335 camo crossbones /matrix 330 nikon bolt /vixen ll / offspring with a micro stock crossbones/ matrix 355 with a micro stock crossbones/ metal ibex (adopted manco morto)/Phoenix/ trigger tec's /xacts/super freak ex's/ spitfires/zombies

gerald strine

Post by gerald strine » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:06 pm

My cure for premature opening is a Slick Trick never worry about it.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.

Phillyarcher

Post by Phillyarcher » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:46 pm

I shoot NAP Spitfire Max 125 grain now and have shot other Nap mechanical broadheads and have never had one open up on me. I have taken many Deer over the years. I can't say I'm lucky or it happen to me. I do no other guys that go with the dental bands just to be safe. I guess with me if it ain't broken don't need to fix it. I shoot the Micro 335 and also a Vortex.
Excal Vortex
Excal Micro 335
NAP Spitfire Max 125 grain
Hawke XB Pro 30 SR

IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:30 pm

Phillyarcher wrote:I shoot NAP Spitfire Max 125 grain now...
That's all I have shot through my last two bows, and still today out of the 380.
Had one failure - 380 - which cost me a very nice buck. Thankfully a clean miss. Since then, I've banded them every time. Even though it was only once, that was once to many for me when banding is so quick and easy... :wink:

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."