Scope setting

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

araknospider

Scope setting

Post by araknospider »

Hey guys quick question.
I'm using a bulldog 400 18" diablo arrows with 125 grain feild points what should I set my tac zone scope to?
Thanks alot in advance
Czy_Horse

Re: Scope setting

Post by Czy_Horse »

Follow the instructions in this video, start with the speed dial in and around 390 fps. Different scopes but same principal

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/videos/player/365

Czy_Horse
araknospider

Post by araknospider »

Czy_Horse wrote:Follow the instructions in this video, start with the speed dial in and around 390 fps. Different scopes but same principal

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/videos/player/365

Czy_Horse
Thank you for your help. None of the videos would play so I emailed Excalibur except their capacha security thing wouldn't display the security answer. Does anyone else have a suggestion. Or I'll call Excalibur Monday.
wsisk

Post by wsisk »

Go to top of this page and type in sighting in scope in search window.Go through pages til u get ur answer.
MIcro 335 GEN 2
Widow Maker/ Undertaker
Nchunterkw Strings
Vixenmaster Slave Stringer
Cabelas Laser Stricker 11 Broadheads
LongCarbine

Post by LongCarbine »

Sight in your crosshair at 20 yards. Move target back to 50 yards . Aim at bulls eye with 20 yd crosshair ( you might need to stack two targets because of arrow drop ) Your arrow will hit low .. Now still aiming at bullseye with 20 yd crosshair adjust your ring so the 50 yard dot is lined up with the arrow you just shot (use sand bags or something to hold your bow steady) If you do it right all your yardage dots will be good . ....Don't get caught up with the speed markings on the scope . I wish they were not on there I.M.O. it just gets people confused .
Hope this helps .
Matrix 355
Axiom (Alum.Rail)
Matrix B.D 330
wsisk

Post by wsisk »

wsisk wrote:Go to top of this page and type in sighting in scope in search window.Go through pages til u get ur answer.
You can also go to www.boocustomstrings click on important stuff tab.Lots of good info.
MIcro 335 GEN 2
Widow Maker/ Undertaker
Nchunterkw Strings
Vixenmaster Slave Stringer
Cabelas Laser Stricker 11 Broadheads
WVCBH

Post by WVCBH »

It's not difficult. Start out by setting the speed ring to your crossbows advertised speed (or a little lower)...Using the scopes windage and elevation adjustments, sight dead on at 20 yards....move back to 50 yards...using the 50 yard mark in your scope, shoot at the 50 yard target. If you hit low, dial the speed ring to a lower number....if you hit high, dial the speed ring to a higher number.
Still lovin' my EXCALIBUR MICRO 355! :-)
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

WVCBH wrote:It's not difficult. Start out by setting the speed ring to your crossbows advertised speed (or a little lower)...Using the scopes windage and elevation adjustments, sight dead on at 20 yards....move back to 50 yards...using the 50 yard mark in your scope, shoot at the 50 yard target. If you hit low, dial the speed ring to a lower number....if you hit high, dial the speed ring to a higher number.
Real good advice there. There is an even better way, but long winded explanation. This method here is just the same as adjusting a rifle scope to the bullet hole, it works great!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!