Air brakes and Baby Bumpers

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

timlynne

Air brakes and Baby Bumpers

Post by timlynne »

Shot my new Micro Suppressor for the first time this week. It is really quiet compared to my Micro 335, however the left side air brake flew off about 10 feet away ,the second one stayed on but the string was just out of the grove not in it. I took great effort to install them correctly. When I eased the string down after installation it laid perfectly in the groves. Are these worth it? I saw the you tube on the db baby bumpers I think I will buy a set, however on their video it said the string should set right on the bumper, however I read on a post on this forum they should not be set on them. Ant one have any knowledge of what is right? :?:
Micro 335
Micro Suppressor 355
Boo

Re: Air brakes and Baby Bumpers

Post by Boo »

Just touching without pressure or just so you can see light between the bumper and the string.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
SEW

Post by SEW »

Don't you mean an Ex-Shox came off? The Air Brakes are not touching the string but are on the outside of the limbs. I shot a Micro Supressor at a dealer (DNW, JBR, AR) and the left Ex-Shox flew off the first shot.
FWIW, the little bow was impressive: quiet, small, arrow went with authority. The Micros just seem very heavy for their size. It seemed to just exude quality.
If the Ex-Shox stay on, I'd keep them; but if not, then you can't keep them anyway.
I would try the DB Killers and let the string sit lightly into them.
outdoorsman

Post by outdoorsman »

I just got my micro suppessor last week it was assembled by the dealer
First shot the right ain't brack flew off I took it in the house and noticed the left was coming off so I cleaned both sides and super glued them on an left it for a day
Next day 2nd shot the right side flew off again.
outdoorsman

Post by outdoorsman »

I talked to customer service on this. They are at the tip of the limb and called Ex-Shox and they are sending out replacements today. Thanks customer service. Dale