toxic broadheads

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

schott

toxic broadheads

Post by schott »

I would like some opinions on these broad heads from some people who have used them. not from somebody who read a review about them
vixenmaster

Re: toxic broadheads

Post by vixenmaster »

I killed couple of deer wid'em n i had one break blades in severals places on chest hit. There will be those that like them n those of us who don't. Its one of those things yer mileage may very :)
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

I've gone from Slick Tricks (which are one of the absolute best broadheads) to Toxics about three years ago. The toxics are simply one of the toughest, most effective broadheads out there. Be cautious about where you buy them as they're being pirated out of China. The Chinese knock offs are copying the original Flying Arrow Archery packaging and brand name. The pirates get the money and when their substandard products fail people blame flying arrow archery.
I can tell you I've shot pure Russian Boars and a Muledeer with toxics and they are tough as nails and leave a blood trail rivaled by none.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
schott

Post by schott »

paulaboutform wrote:I've gone from Slick Tricks (which are one of the absolute best broadheads) to Toxics about three years ago. The toxics are simply one of the toughest, most effective broadheads out there. Be cautious about where you buy them as they're being pirated out of China. The Chinese knock offs are copying the original Flying Arrow Archery packaging and brand name. The pirates get the money and when their substandard products fail people blame flying arrow archery.
I can tell you I've shot pure Russian Boars and a Muledeer with toxics and they are tough as nails and leave a blood trail rivaled by none. thank you just getting started with cross bow hunting

Paul
MTBighorn

Post by MTBighorn »

paulaboutform wrote:I've gone from Slick Tricks (which are one of the absolute best broadheads) to Toxics about three years ago. The toxics are simply one of the toughest, most effective broadheads out there. Be cautious about where you buy them as they're being pirated out of China. The Chinese knock offs are copying the original Flying Arrow Archery packaging and brand name. The pirates get the money and when their substandard products fail people blame flying arrow archery.
I can tell you I've shot pure Russian Boars and a Muledeer with toxics and they are tough as nails and leave a blood trail rivaled by none.

Paul

I was watching a video where a guy was shooting a foam target with them....the blade tunels filled with foam and then the blades were bent open from the inside bevel on the blades....Making shot to shot accuracy impossible..

Has this ever happened to you Paul? Or do you think the video guy just got the Chinese junk?
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

I've shot them into 3D targets, Block targets and my rhinoblock target. The blades hold up great for a lot of shooting but eventually do start to open. They only open outward and don't collapse inward due to the single bevel. When they eventually start opening simply close them using some pliers. This has been my experience anyway.

Paul
Square_hammer

Post by Square_hammer »

Paul any preference between the 100's and the 125 grain toxics? My setup is with 125 heads, I did try the 100 grain toxics and they flew amazing. They were hard on my 18-1 though.
Matrix 330
Vortex diamondback 2-7
hha optimizer
8pntbuck string
16.5" zombies with 92gr insert
QAD exodus 125gn
G5 Striker 125gn
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Square_hammer wrote:Paul any preference between the 100's and the 125 grain toxics? My setup is with 125 heads, I did try the 100 grain toxics and they flew amazing. They were hard on my 18-1 though.
I have both weight broadheads and prefer the 100gr. I've found them to group tighter, probably because of the smaller profile. They're all brutal on targets. I try using my club's targets....or Boo's in the summer. :mrgreen:

Paul
Square_hammer

Post by Square_hammer »

Paul, I shoot an m330 with 16.5" zombies and lumenoc's. Do you think the 100's would work with this setup or would I be losing on foc?
Matrix 330
Vortex diamondback 2-7
hha optimizer
8pntbuck string
QAD exodus 125gn
G5 Striker 125gn
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Square_hammer wrote:Paul, I shoot an m330 with 16.5" zombies and lumenoc's. Do you think the 100's would work with this setup or would I be losing on foc?
With the extra weight on the back end, if you're shooting a 92gr brass insert, use the 125gr. If you've got 110gr brass inserts the 100gr will be fine. With the shorter arrow and 335fps bow I would recommend using the 100gr.. They're smaller but still devastating.

Paul
Square_hammer

Post by Square_hammer »

Thanks a lot Paul.
Matrix 330
Vortex diamondback 2-7
hha optimizer
8pntbuck string
QAD exodus 125gn
G5 Striker 125gn