Excal cub reviews

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

hankenhunter

Excal cub reviews

Post by hankenhunter »

Hiya folks,
I'm looking to purchase a Cub for small game and walk and stalk the thick stuff for deer. The wife would also be using it for target shooting. If you own one, please tell me your glads n sads on this. Do you feel I should install an adf? Much appreciated,
Hank
jefrohio

Re: Excal cub reviews

Post by jefrohio »

I originally brought a Cub for some youngsters in my family who are showing an interest in hunting. I've added Danny Miller's bumpers, his Flemish string and an ADF to it. It shoots 400 gr. arrows @ 292fps.
Your wife will appreciate the shorter length of pull. It also works well when you ware a heavy winter coat or hunt out of a ground blind. I really don't have nothing negative to say about it. Replace the dacron string & it's basically a black grizzly with a shorter length of the pull. Jeff
Matrimax
Ibex
Camx
Max point
Grizzly
Cub
hankenhunter

Post by hankenhunter »

Thanks Jeff. :D
Hank
Scotty_X2

Post by Scotty_X2 »

My wife shoots the Cub. She can cock it herself, no problem. I put on the ADF and she has tested it twice. I think it is good to have it.
Wolverine
Phoenix
Matrix 355
Matrix Cub
Micro 335
GRZ2
Bulldog 330
hankenhunter

Post by hankenhunter »

Thanks Scotty. I agree with you on the adf, although the chances of splintering a limb would be about the same as the Vixen, near zero. More so save the string than anything else. Happy shootin,
Hank