Moderators: Bill T, Excalibur Marketing Dude
- Posts: 195
- Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:55 pm
- Location: Chatham-Kent ,Ontario
For those custom bolt makers here is a question : when checking the spine for stiffness do you check before or after inserts are installed ?
- Posts: 1480
- Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:26 pm
- Location: Washington Island Wisc.
I check mine before I install them.
- Posts: 140
- Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:55 pm
- Location: Lenox Iowa
I do it after inserts are installed. Reason being "spine" line may not be straight and the inserts "could" move where the exact center spine is. Have found that it can actually spiral/twist down the shaft.