xb 30 pro vs crossbones

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Arrowflinger

Re: xb 30 pro vs crossbones

Post by Arrowflinger »

aib1015 wrote:After reading every thread and review I could find I've finally decided on the Hawke xb 30 pro. It seems every time I thought I had my mind made up I would read something else and change my mind. I think the price I got and the lighted reticle is what finally won me with the Hawke. I like the idea of the lighted reticle. I talked to Dave from Wyvern's and got a pretty good deal on the scope and a set of rings. Thanks for all of the info from everyone.
You're gonna like it.
Matrix 350 LE 18 in. Diablos 150 gr. Boltcutters Zombie Slayers 150 gr. Slick Tricks C2 crank Hawkke XB 30 Pro SR
ThunderXB

Post by ThunderXB »

I think you'll like it just fine, it's a VERY GOOD all-around Xbow scope!!
Bulldog 400, Hawke XB30, JBK string, Dr S, TriggerT
405 Matrix, XBR, HAA, DM string, TT, ti64
405 Matrix Blackout, XBR, HAA, DM string, TT, ti64
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

paulaboutform wrote:... anything that INSANE hunter swears by is certainly worth taking a close look at. :wink:
Obsessed maybe... "insane" is just a little harsh... :lol:

Never even looked through a Vortex scope, but do have a pair of their binoc's I like. Crossbones was the flag I flew (and still have) on many a craft - as for the scope... I dunno... Image

I think a large part of it boils down to just what you're doing with your bow. I understand that even better accuracy might be achieved with an Optimizer and a dedicated crosshair. But how many times am I going to be able to witness a 120 lb dog blow the set-up off the roof of a forty-five gallon barrel, land on the forward leading edge of the scope on solid decking, and maintain zero :shock:

Mine HAS to. Apparently I can occasionally be a tad harsh on my equipment...

The Hawke I have is no longer produced I believe. It was their XB 30 Compact. A shame - I would latch onto another. The Pro is likely a little longer version I'd guess? Pretty clear this one, Chevrons are good enough out to range, and she lights up in two colors with a wide range of intensity when it's approaching too late. And, she does take one hell of a beatin' and keep on tickin'... :wink:

Great Choice IMHO! Image

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
VAhuntr

Post by VAhuntr »

Recently installed the Hawke XB30 Pro on my Matrix 350. Can't wait to hunt with it.
aib1015

Post by aib1015 »

Just got my new Hawke mounted on the 350. Haven't had a chance to shoot with it yet, but I do think I'm really going to like lighted reticle.