Deer=2...BigBear=0..(scope out of wack?)

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

BigBear

Deer=2...BigBear=0..(scope out of wack?)

Post by BigBear »

:oops: ..i'll start off by saying that my max was sighted in with broadheads a few weeks ago...the bow was hitting the bull out to 50yds...
Well this morning i missed a beauty buck and a nice size doe about 15 mins apart :oops: ...both shots were between 35-40yds, and broadside to boot..i was using my range finder as well...end result....complete miss :? ..i could'nt beleive i missed both :( ...so while walking back to my truck, i took out my broadhead target...at 20yds i was hitting about 5-6 inches high...at 40yds it was hitting about 10-12 inches high :? ..anyways i got it all re-sighted in know and hopefully get another crack at it later today....i wonder why it was way out of wack, i never banged it or nothing like that :roll: ...anyways good luck to you all.....Lou :wink:
Last edited by BigBear on Sun Oct 03, 2004 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Excalibur Micro Mag 340
Quill Bolts
125gr Slick Trick broadheads
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

BigBear wabi had that same problem with his Exocet this past week. He found that when first sighted in he was using a sandbag rest, when he shot freehand it was shooting high.

He resighted in freehand/no rest and now is back on the money...Good luck this season Lou.
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
BigBear

Post by BigBear »

GaryL wrote:BigBear wabi had that same problem with his Exocet this past week. He found that when first sighted in he was using a sandbag rest, when he shot freehand it was shooting high.

He resighted in freehand/no rest and now is back on the money...Good luck this season Lou.

Thanks Gary..but i can't figure it out :?: ..i hunt mostly from the ground, and sight in from a hunting stool using my elbow as a rest...when i sighted in the first time, everything was ok...but today using the same method, everything was out of wack :? ..anyways gonna go out in about 2 hours and try it again :twisted: ...good luck to you as well :wink:
Excalibur Micro Mag 340
Quill Bolts
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

I had some accuracy diificulties myself today. I decided to shoot a couple practice bolts when I got back to the van, At 20yds 3' high and three inches to the left. It took awhile but I managed to get it shooting again, although I lost a bolt/broadhead while doing so :evil: . If this keeps up I will be looking for a new broadhead.
BigBear

Post by BigBear »

chris4570 wrote:I had some accuracy diificulties myself today. I decided to shoot a couple practice bolts when I got back to the van, At 20yds 3' high and three inches to the left. It took awhile but I managed to get it shooting again, although I lost a bolt/broadhead while doing so :evil: . If this keeps up I will be looking for a new broadhead.
I think it might be the scope in my case anyways :?: ...when i first sighted in everything was dead on (and string was fully stretched)..my varizone scope on the max was set between the 325-350 mark and was shooting dead nuts...but now that i have resighted the beast, it's sitting at betwen 300-325 on the speed ring :? ..i beleive RJ had the same problem as me today at my B-Day shoot...i think he had to compinsate about 12" with every shot...anyways my bow is ready to roll, and leaving in about 1/2 hour for the PM hunt :twisted: ...good luck, and shoot strait..Lou :wink:
Excalibur Micro Mag 340
Quill Bolts