Another broadhead question

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Reinyrooster

Another broadhead question

Post by Reinyrooster »

Am interested in trying the Dead Ringer Broadheads, and also the Afflictor broadhead. Anyone have any experience with either of these?
Reinyrooster

Re: Another broadhead question

Post by Reinyrooster »

173 views and no replies???
bowman81

Post by bowman81 »

Perhaps, like me, they never heard of the broadhead and were curious to see what others had to say.
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

I've used the 2 blade dead ringer Trauma on a doe and gutted her
at the same time. I think these heads deviate from
flight path when they hit bone or ribs.
I've also used the 3 blade 2" cut and have killed about 4 deer with them.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
Reinyrooster

Post by Reinyrooster »

Wow!! That's a nasty wound! Thanks for the input.
DD192

Post by DD192 »

I have used the 3 blade dead ringer for the past two years with great success. 3 bucks and one doe. I have not had any pass throughs but still took the deer down. I have used them with my compound bow. Not yet with my new micro. Good luck
Micro 355
Jerrys BE zombies
Lumenocks
Vixenmaster strings
Nap spitfire maxx
Dzohio

Post by Dzohio »

Well I will reply. Looked at ringers swackers and WAC ems. Went with 3 blade mechanical wac ems. And I love em! Fly true and smack like a truck. Big doe dropped 20 yds and 8pt went 40yds. Small entry hole then devastating exit. I shot rages a lot of years. Started having trouble with them. Wac ems!
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

Dzohio wrote:Well I will reply. Looked at ringers swackers and WAC ems. Went with 3 blade mechanical wac ems. And I love em! Fly true and smack like a truck. Big doe dropped 20 yds and 8pt went 40yds. Small entry hole then devastating exit. I shot rages a lot of years. Started having trouble with them. Wac ems!
Why would a small entry wound be a good thing? If you don't get a pass through, blood will be harder to find - you want an expandable to leave a huge entry and exit wound. To the OP, I would avoid the dead ringer, and if you like wide cut expandables go to something proven like a Shwacker or FOC.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
Dzohio

Post by Dzohio »

The swackers are designed the SAME way as the wac ems. The blades are designed to open up after initial entry past the ribs so they do not break the blades. Then they open up to 2" and pass through with a massive exit. I had a pass through on both deer. And the entry was every bit as big as a fixed blade entry and exit. Blood trail on both sides of my 2 deer with them.
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

Dzohio wrote:The swackers are designed the SAME way as the wac ems. The blades are designed to open up after initial entry past the ribs so they do not break the blades. Then they open up to 2" and pass through with a massive exit. I had a pass through on both deer. And the entry was every bit as big as a fixed blade entry and exit. Blood trail on both sides of my 2 deer with them.
I haven't personally used a Shwacker, but it's a proven head with stout enough blades. The FOC does open up a massive hole on entry and this is the head I use.

I looked at the Wak 'Em heads and those blades look flimsy. Maybe you got pass thru's on your deer but you won't always and if they leave as small of a hole as look like they would, unopened on entry, that would be tracking hell, IMHO. To each his own, I was just giving my opinion to the OP.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

Dead ringer makes a 3 blade 2" cut head which leaves big holes! The trauma is a 3 1/8" cut 2 blade. Both are devastating on deer.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline