Crossbow Strings

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

FFMIK

Crossbow Strings

Post by FFMIK »

First of all I just want to thank everyone for all their input on this forum. I have really learned a lot the past few months, and continue to do so on a daily basis. I've noticed that there are a handful of people who make custom strings...are they pretty much the same product? If I bought one from each person, should I expect the same results?
nchunterkw

Re: Crossbow Strings

Post by nchunterkw »

Not really. The construction is basically the same but they will vary in material, weight, etc., etc. Each one is a custom hand made piece or "string art" :lol:
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
jefrohio

Post by jefrohio »

All the string makers on here make a good string. Some use BCY, some use Brownell's product. You can find three bundle, two bundle with cat whiskers, one guy even tucks the tag ends in for a clean looking string without the puffball. And one guys strings are so coveted you have to get on a waiting list and pass a background check :lol: Any string you buy from this fourm you'll be happy with.
Jefro
Matrimax
Ibex
Camx
Max point
Grizzly
Cub
hankenhunter

Post by hankenhunter »

jefrohio wrote:All the string makers on here make a good string. Some use BCY, some use Brownell's product. You can find three bundle, two bundle with cat whiskers, one guy even tucks the tag ends in for a clean looking string without the puffball. And one guys strings are so coveted you have to get on a waiting list and pass a background check :lol: Any string you buy from this fourm you'll be happy with.
Jefro
I agree big time. I have never gotten a bum string on this forum. Every one has far out lasted the few stock strings I have purchased. You can't go wrong buying on this site.
Hank
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

When you settle on a string maker, buy two of the same strings. This is the easiest way to ensure a ready to use string at all times. Shoot one in, remove it and twist tie the ends together, and put the second string on and shoot it in.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Last edited by Bullzeye on Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

paulaboutform wrote:When you settle on a string maker, buy two of the same strings. This is the easiest way to ensure a ready to use string at all times. Shoot one in, remove it and twist tie the ends together, and put the second string on and shoot it in.

Paul
This is really good advice ! In My opinion there is alot more difference in strings than most realize. I could build a string in an hour or take several days to build one, Both would look the same but perform much different. JMO
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]