Trail Camera Homecoming

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Suppressor

Trail Camera Homecoming

Post by Suppressor »

It was such a nice day today I decided to bring all my trail cameras home today for the first time ever.
Some of them are well over ten years old and have been in the woods since I bought them.
I love to make custom boxes for them and I am looking forward to viewing the hundreds of picture they contain since last viewing them in the fall of last year.
The lithium batteries I invested in last year are amazing as they are still @ 99%. :D
Terry=>>>==============>
70'S Daco Hornet x 2
Daco Astro Scorpion Relayer Serial #415 ?
Ecalibur ExoMax
2007 PSE X-Force Compound @ 70#
Excalibur Micro Suppressor
Aspire to Inspire before you Expire!
racking up points

Re: Trail Camera Homecoming

Post by racking up points »

Those boxes look amazing - like real bark from the texture of it. I refuse to put my cams out without some kind of lock box.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
Suppressor

Post by Suppressor »

racking up points wrote:Those boxes look amazing - like real bark from the texture of it. I refuse to put my cams out without some kind of lock box.
Thank You!
They are a lot of work, I run beads of weld on them with my .035" flux core mig welder and hand paint them.
I take a ladder and place them about 10' off the ground angled downward.
They have produced thousands of pictures over the years and are always a treat to view.The newer models have great battery life and I don't think I am finished my trail camera family yet! :lol: :lol:

Terry
70'S Daco Hornet x 2
Ecalibur ExoMax
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Wow! Great looking cams
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Awesome case, you just gave me a welding project.
Last edited by Bullzeye on Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Impressive. Real nice work on those!
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

WOW that's a lot of cameras! Very Nice. If they were mine I would have left them in the bush. Only because I would have likely forgot where I put the keys. LOL
Suppressor

Post by Suppressor »

wheelie wrote:WOW that's a lot of cameras! Very Nice. If they were mine I would have left them in the bush. Only because I would have likely forgot where I put the keys. LOL
I got half of them returned to the trees today.Reset the time and lubricated the locks.
It seems weird having them all home for the first time.I will get the other half put back out tomorrow.
One thing that must be done when the tree starts growing again is to adjust the chains often or they will become very tight.
I have at least 2 sets of keys for them and most I have color matched the keys to the locks.
I don't think you could ever have too many, they all have a purpose and work around the clock all year long! :D

Terry
70'S Daco Hornet x 2
Ecalibur ExoMax
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Suppressor wrote:
wheelie wrote:WOW that's a lot of cameras! Very Nice. If they were mine I would have left them in the bush. Only because I would have likely forgot where I put the keys. LOL
I got half of them returned to the trees today.Reset the time and lubricated the locks.
It seems weird having them all home for the first time.I will get the other half put back out tomorrow.
One thing that must be done when the tree starts growing again is to adjust the chains often or they will become very tight.
I have at least 2 sets of keys for them and most I have color matched the keys to the locks.
I don't think you could ever have too many, they all have a purpose and work around the clock all year long! :D

Terry
Very nice. Yes they would get tighter as the years go by. I am not that organised. My two trail cams sit in my bedroom dresser most of the time. :oops: