Blob vs rinehart 18-1

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Goose52

Blob vs rinehart 18-1

Post by Goose52 »

i'm looking at buying a broadhead target which i will only shoot at right before hunting season to fine tune with the field point off. i can get a rinehart blemished target for $100 or a blob 16x16x8 for $80. the blob weighs 2x as much so does that mean it's denser/sturdier? anyone here have experience with both of these targets? thanks,
mark
Micro 335 Nightmare (Black Bo)
Twilight DLX
Wyvern's Gold Tips
Drstirrup
Matrix 350LE
rattlerun

Re: Blob vs rinehart 18-1

Post by rattlerun »

I have a Rinehart 18-1 (Blem) and 2 Blobs. The Rinehart is light in weight and it didn't take long to start shooting thru it with both field points or broadheads (Qad Exodus). Have shot almost as much at my Blob with both heads, and have not yet poked one out the other side, goes in 6 inches at most, so far. And that is using Scorpion Arrow Release.I do use the Double D Arrow Puller. Much bigger front surface on Blob, so you can move your arrows around, but I have continually used the center, and have not shot it out yet. Blob is stupidly heavy. I have it on a wheeled cart. Like the Blob so much, I bought a second. That way I don't have to move them around as much. Hope this helps.
vertacre

Post by vertacre »

I have a blob that I move with a 2-wheel dolly. I think it is a much better target than the Rinehart and bigger if you don't mind the weight.
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

I've seen and heard great things about the durability of the blob. The big downside isthe ddifficulty removing the arrows. If all you're doing is checking zero or sighting in a new bbroadhead before hunting season, go with the Rhinehart. It'll last you for years...just keep it out of the weather when you're not using it.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
taz3

Post by taz3 »

I can't seem to find the video, but I seen one made with a feed sack and rags for broadheads. It's inexpensive, light weight and just the sack will wear out, plus the arrows will be easy to remove.
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting
Arrowflinger

Post by Arrowflinger »

taz3 wrote:I can't seem to find the video, but I seen one made with a feed sack and rags for broadheads. It's inexpensive, light weight and just the sack will wear out, plus the arrows will be easy to remove.
. I've used a rag bag target for field points but I don't think it would work very good for broadheads, but I have went redneck before and filled a cardboard box with rags ,clothing etc.and shot broadheads into it you just have to dig them out. Sounds like I need to check into that blob target.
Matrix 350 LE 18 in. Diablos 150 gr. Boltcutters Zombie Slayers 150 gr. Slick Tricks C2 crank Hawkke XB 30 Pro SR
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

I don't like putting big cut marks in my good targets including my 18 in 1. So I have a real cheap target that arrows blow right through. I put it on a table and I have a chunk of 12 inch thick house Styrofoam and I put it six inchs behind the cheapie broadhead target. Works well and you just push arrows through and out the other side. Easy getting out mechanical as they do not get stuck at all. CHEERS!
Goose52

Post by Goose52 »

great info... thanks all
Micro 335 Nightmare (Black Bo)
Twilight DLX
Wyvern's Gold Tips
Drstirrup
Matrix 350LE
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

I bought the Rinehart block because the Center is replaceable once you destroy it with broad heads, but I found the material to hard and it wrecks the blades on the broad head. Now when I want to test out my broadheads, I just fill a up a plastic grocery bag with rags a d fire away.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
bob watkins

Post by bob watkins »

get a blob
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

I ruin Reinhardt target about every year, I bought a blob and after 1 year it is not even starting to show weakening in the two spots I have been shooting at, the Reinhardt wound be shot out on all aiming points by now.

I on;y use the block targets for broadheads, but I shoot as many broadheads as I do field points, I think the blob will outlast any other broadhead target 10 to 1,,,,MINIMUM! There is no equal,,, and a couple of my bows are shooting well over 135# KE, so they do get tested.

like was said,, it is 3 times heavier than a rhino block, and harder to move, but well worth it, with no equal. I will never be without the blob for my broadheads again,, and may never need another broadhard target as well!
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

wildcatter wrote:I ruin Reinhardt target about every year, I bought a blob and after 1 year it is not even starting to show weakening in the two spots I have been shooting at, the Reinhardt wound be shot out on all aiming points by now.

I on;y use the block targets for broadheads, but I shoot as many broadheads as I do field points, I think the blob will outlast any other broadhead target 10 to 1,,,,MINIMUM! There is no equal,,, and a couple of my bows are shooting well over 135# KE, so they do get tested.

like was said,, it is 3 times heavier than a rhino block, and harder to move, but well worth it, with no equal. I will never be without the blob for my broadheads again,, and may never need another broadhard target as well!
Bob, how would you describe arrow removal with field points and broadheads from the Blob?

Paul
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

broadheads are no bad,, I only shoot fixed. But field points I have never tried, in a Reinhardt either,

I don't know why anyone would use a block type target of any kind for field points. That's where the Bag target and Snyder web type targets shines.
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

wildcatter wrote:broadheads are no bad,, I only shoot fixed. But field points I have never tried, in a Reinhardt either,

I don't know why anyone would use a block type target of any kind for field points. That's where the Bag target and Snyder web type targets shines.
Very simple Bob, I agree with you which is why I have a number of rag bag targets and a rhinoblock. However, I know there are many people who either haven't got room for multiple targets or simply can't afford them. These are the folks, I believe, that may be interested in a more expensive yet more durable target for all their shooting. That's why I was asking. Sooo, for anyone using a blob target, is it feasible for field points or is it simply a brutal arrow retrieval? Btw, using broadheads such as the Toxic voids their 1 year warranty. Understandable, they're as deadly on targets as they are on game.

Paul
bob watkins

Post by bob watkins »

south shore sells a n arrow puller that works great on the blob.