air break pads 380m

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

codye

air break pads 380m

Post by codye »

good morning gang
I'm needing advice again on the air break kit I installed on the 380m
I could not find replacement pads for system , so will have to order a set.
when I was checking out brace height (new string installed still stretching) I noticed that the limb clamp bolts not the main limb bolts appear to bending/ flexing inward . Is this anything I should be concerned with ? Also has any of the members seen any improvements with the air break system installed.
thanks again gang, have a great day and be safe .
ps were do I find profile editing button ? (old guy not really puter savy) :lol:
matrix 380 BO
TC 54 renegade PC
marlin 3030 336 RC G
taz3

Re: air break pads 380m

Post by taz3 »

codye wrote:good morning gang
I'm needing advice again on the air break kit I installed on the 380m
I could not find replacement pads for system , so will have to order a set.
when I was checking out brace height (new string installed still stretching) I noticed that the limb clamp bolts not the main limb bolts appear to bending/ flexing inward . Is this anything I should be concerned with ? Also has any of the members seen any improvements with the air break system installed.
thanks again gang, have a great day and be safe .
ps were do I find profile editing button ? (old guy not really puter savy) :lol:
Sorry no advise for you air break question, but your profile is under the "user Control panel", just above beside your Messages.
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting
SEW

Post by SEW »

Yes, they quieten it some, reduce the speed a little, are heavier, may make less stress on the limbs (I've left them on my 405, but took off of the 380. Didn't put them on the 400. Was shooting 395g arrows thru the 405 but now 445g arrows. Will likely remove them from the 405 also. The Dr Stirrup kit, Air Brakes, shrink wrapped arrow hold down spring, packed stock, etc will all quieten the Xbow . Just depends on what you want. I do believe they reduce some stress on the limbs. I have 4 xbows and extra limbs so it's not quite the factor it was when I only had a M380 during the "crisis".
codye

Post by codye »

good afternoon gang
Thanks TAZ3 and SEW your input is welcomed
sorry for the delay in getting back to you , company
from out of town for the weekend. from reviews that I read
about the air breaks ,there seems mixed feelings about them and having found out that you have to remove the pads for storage , and slightly bent shoulder bolts ( were threads end and the meat of the bolts begin) I removed them for now , I need to get replacement pads so she is back to stock, so we can get to shooting
thanks gang have a great evening , be safe
matrix 380 BO
TC 54 renegade PC
marlin 3030 336 RC G