Must read!!! This year's Boofest charity recipient.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Boo

Must read!!! This year's Boofest charity recipient.

Post by Boo »

This year's recipient is Annissa Cooper, Mike Cooper/Wabi's daughter. Annissa has incurable cancer and has just lost her health insurance. So some of you know how devastating it is health wise and financially. Just a bit of an eye opener for some unfamiliar with what goes along with having cancer, one medication she's taking is $9,000.00 per month and the shots are $6,000.00/month + all the doctor & hospital bills.

Mike has been a member since 2002 and has contributed 13132 posts! He is an honesty genuine good man and he has never been harsh to anyone and has always been very helpful.

Now, we are late out of the gate for any charity and the past donors have been told that there will be no charity this year. Having said that, we will not have the value of prizes that we have in the past. So we will all have to try harder to help Mike and his daughter. I would like to add that Annissa has a 13 year old daughter!

So this year, let's dig deep for one of our brothers!
You guys will have to forgive me in advance when I get annoying asking for help for my brother Mike. Don't get too upset because I won't care. Helping Mike is the first opportunity to help one of us on the forum so this is very special to me!

Please include "for Annissa" with your donation.

Paypal donations to [email protected]

Send a US check or MO to:
Mike Cooper
106 N Wilson Dr
West Union OH 45693

A Canadian cheque or MO can be sent to me and made in my name:
Don Katsumi
4635 Concession Rd 1
Newtonville, ON
L1B 0E3
Last edited by Boo on Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Boo

Re: Must read!!! This year's Boofest charity recipient.

Post by Boo »

I copied and pasted this from these two links
http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... =1&t=66009
https://securea.mlb.com/honorarybatgirl ... allery.jsp

Annissa Cooper
Diagnosed in December 2012 with Stage 2A bc at the age of 40, I was devastated. Dbl mastectomy in Jan 2013, 4 rounds of chemo, & reconstructive surgeries consumed most of 2013. Somehow, breast cancer brought a peace to my life that I had never known. When the treatments & surgeries ended I celebrated & lived life to the fullest, travelling & focusing on appreciating life & my beautiful 13 year old daughter, Gracie. I went a year with good oncology check ups, then in Nov 2014 I fell and injured my right shoulder. By Feb when the pain hadn't subsided, I finally gave in & went to an orthopedic doctor. Convinced I had torn my rotator cuff, you can imagine my shock when the doctor informed me my x-ray showed a tumor. "You cannot say tumor to a cancer survivor" I informed him. He hung his head & asked for my oncologists phone number. I was now a metastatic breast cancer patient. March 2015 I underwent surgery to remove as much of the bone tumor as possible. In April I learned it was in T-10 of my spine, along with several other spots. I underwent radiation to my spine and right shoulder. iBrance was the newly approved FDA medication for treating metastatic patients, I became the guinea pig of my oncology group. It's been almost 2 years, I have to have monthly blood draws, 21 days of ibrance every month, & an injection each month, it's not progressing & I'm living life to the fullest! When diagnosed metastatic I was angry, but I refuse to ever give up my fight or to spend one moment being negative. I have a beautiful daughter who dreams of going to college because she wants to do something in the medical field with cancer research & cure. She's my driving force. I believe a positive attitude is everything. I enjoy taking every opportunity to speak about breast cancer, reach out to other survivors, & promote awareness. Because of my diagnosis, I've learned what truly matters in life & I am blessed beyond belief. Thank you for your consideration.
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

don,
any options for people who don't do paypal?
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvested
matrix 355
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife
Boo

Post by Boo »

Deaf jeff wrote:don,
any options for people who don't do paypal?
Jeff, a check works. Send it to Mike, I will make the donation targets bold to make it more obvious. Thank you Jeff!
wabi

Post by wabi »

Boo,
Add another post. :lol:
I would like to say I am humbled & honored to have so many friends that are willing to chip in and help someone in need. I would never ask for help for myself, but for my daughter I will not let my pride get in the way of any possible help for her.

I phoned her after we exchanged PMs and she expressed great relief in knowing some financial help may be coming her way.

Thanks to everyone who can help, even if it's only a prayer for her to continue to keep up the fight against cancer!

Mike / aka wabi
wabi
Boo

Post by Boo »

wabi wrote:Boo,
Add another post. :lol:
I would like to say I am humbled & honored to have so many friends that are willing to chip in and help someone in need. I would never ask for help for myself, but for my daughter I will not let my pride get in the way of any possible help for her.

I phoned her after we exchanged PMs and she expressed great relief in knowing some financial help may be coming her way.

Thanks to everyone who can help, even if it's only a prayer for her to continue to keep up the fight against cancer!

Mike / aka wabi
Mike, in total honesty, it is absolutely my pleasure to help. I just wish I could do more for you, someone I've known and respected for years. You are a good man and I really wish I could do more!
ROGER THAT

Post by ROGER THAT »

Mike /Wabi
I read your Daughters story from your post and I thought Boofest .
I'm Glad Boo Posted This.
Help On The Way Wish It Could Be More

Roger
>>====>
Work Hard Hunt Harder
Matrix 380 Xtra (Serenity)
Matrix 405 (cwn annwn)
Matrix Bulldog 400 (Acwellen)
Matrix Grizzly (Armel)
Micro 355 (Siofra)
Big John

Post by Big John »

Hi Mike

Very sad to hear these things. Hits very close to my heart reading it. Just going thru it with my Wife now, and also with my Father. I truly hate the disease and everything about it!! Has taken 1/2 my Family. Aunts, Uncles, and Cousins. It's one of those things that could easily make me snap. I try very hard not to. I can only say one thing that really may help keep you from snapping as well.
Remember that She will need you to hold her up mentally, spiritually, and physically. It will take a lot of strength from you, but it will transfer to her. She needs it more and more everyday, so you will have to give it more and more everyday. But Family is the only thing we have that really matters to us. I wish nothing but the best for you and your Family during these times Mike.
I don't have much money to help Her out currently. But I have an idea that could help Her out and not use to much funds and still get a fair Donation to her from Tracey and I. Remember the Forum helping us for this?

I have a Set of six (6) Zombie Slayer Arrows. I would like to Custom build them and put them up for Auction on the Trader Forum. We would like to give her the full amount raised from it.

So, if you guys on here would let us help out this way we would like to do it. Please let me know. If yes I will start to build them now.

Big John
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
wabi

Post by wabi »

Edited to say:
Boo has added his address for donors who wist to send checks or money orders in Canadian dollars. My (smal home town) bank will not accept anything but checks on a US bank in US dollars.

Big John,
That sounds great! I'm sure it will be a success and help her greatly!

I might also mention that where we live (Ohio River Valley) seem to be one of those areas with high cancer rates. Both my parents had cancer, and I have been told by my doctor that despite a negative biopsy odds are high that I have prostate cancer (all the other signs like PSA are not encouraging). He also told me the good news is that in 96% of prostate cancer cases it is extremely slow growing and at my age is probably not what is going to kill me. Not sure if that's a good thing to hear - means I'm getting old! :roll: :lol: :lol: - but we agreed not even to include PSA on the annual blood tests.
My daughter's cancer is listed as incurable, but with close monitoring and treatment can be slowed, or hopefully stopped, in it's progression. She has suffered greatly, but refuses to give up the fight, and the family is with her all the way! Her mother and I went our separate ways many years ago, but that has nothing to do with her plight and we both are with her 100% in her fight to kick cancer's butt!
Last edited by wabi on Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wabi
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

bump
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvested
matrix 355
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife
Gwens Dilemma

Post by Gwens Dilemma »

Boo, there will be a special place next to Him for all you do.

Matthew 25:40 The King will answer and say to them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.’
SEW

Re: Must read!!! This year's Boofest charity ,recipient.

Post by SEW »

Mike,
I can't equal Big John's eloquence, but I share his feelings and empathy for you. My wife had stage 2 breast cancer 13 years ago, my father died of prostrate cancer, my mother of colorectal cancer, mother-in-law of multiple myeloma....
I will specifically put your daughter in my nightly prayers as I'm sure many others have. In the mean time, I'll contribute also.
This board's unifying event is a loving response to someone less fortunate. Some short people have disproportionately large hearts!
You'll both be in many people's prayers.
Steve
Last edited by SEW on Mon May 01, 2017 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boo

Re: Must read!!! This year's Boofest charity ,recipient.

Post by Boo »

SEW wrote:Some short people have disproportionately large hearts!
:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Excellent choice for a recipient Don!
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone