Shed hunting

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Micro.slayer

Shed hunting

Post by Micro.slayer »

Has anyone been out. What have you found? I am going out this week.
racking up points

Re: Shed hunting

Post by racking up points »

I have spent a few afternoons afield with my son and we had fun but no luck. But when I was cleaning up the spam and looking out my back window, 80 yards out I spotted a the perfectly circular, white base of what appeared to be a huge antler. I dropped everything and investigated, and my curiosity was rewarded. The antler base is like a coke can and the tine length is ridiculous. He was easily a 140-150" class deer and I didn't have any trail cam pictures of him! Unfortunately, Photobucket is causing me grief and I can't post the antler picture. Good luck in your hunt.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

Looks like they're carrying them longer each yr here in VA. seen a buck two wks ago and still had his. I remember 30yrs ago pulling one off dragging him first wk in DEC.
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
snowhunter

Post by snowhunter »

Shed hunting in Washington state is starting to warm up. The elk are starting to loose there racks. Went out the other day, walked six miles in the snow with not a single shed. However the previous trip we found 11. Our total for the year is just over 20.
Ya got to keep looking, I've never found a shed in my house.
Micro.slayer

Post by Micro.slayer »

My Birthday is March 2. I'll never forget my neighbor called me over his house 23 yrs ago. Told me to walk through the front door one night. He said he had a surprise for me. Well after eating my birthday dinner me and my father n law went over. Went n my neighbor house. In the hall way he had a step latter pillow and a 30.06 sitting there pointing out the back window (open). He said watch this.
He turned a switch on. And the spot light in the back yard 40 yards away from house. At a feeder. Stood the largest Buck I had ever seen. Everytime he hit the switch! The buck would step back out of the light beam in the dark and stand there. Well this went on for 5-10 min. Then my neighbor said shoot him. I said no way. I'm not cheating that animal. (This Buck was famous in this area) legend! He said I know me too. I tried can't do it. Well I guess I remember the date. Back to th the thread. Bucks in Pa. hold racks into march or later when food is good through winter. Back to the Deer. He was eventually pouched! By a women and a rifle. Down the street from my house. She shot him from truck. And got caught.
8ball

Post by 8ball »

Not really a shed-my friend found this last week cutting wood!
Attachments
Picture0312171148951.jpg