Which Way is Your Fletching R or L

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

taz3

Which Way is Your Fletching R or L

Post by taz3 »

I'm curious to know if there are many who prefer a right or left fletching. As of right now, my arrows are all right hand, but I think I'm going to try some left and see if I notice any difference. I never really gave it much thought and all my bought arrows are right, so I just kept fletching them right. I recently read, real feathers should be fletched according to the side they are, right side go right and left side go left. I know the real feathers need a little more attention, but I like them more them vanes, so I'm gettin schooled! :)

http://www.trueflightfeathers.com/guide.htm
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting
vixenmaster

Re: Which Way is Your Fletching R or L

Post by vixenmaster »

My fletchin is RH, at times LH arrows will let pts unscrew jus a lil. Lifetime exp. not all the time. The arrow turns/rotates to the left the pts unscrew or rotate to the right as it enters the targets. Most of the time if'en you have really snugged pt. it should stay snug. Don't listen to those that say diff :lol:
I have shot the old stick Bows many yrs. real reason of LH n RH is the feathers. Left wing feathers will not set or work properly glued in RH fletchin. So they feather makers decided to use both sides of the wings fer splittin the quills open n ground. Heck this stuff went back 65-75 yrs. Most all pts n B-heads were glued on, weren't any inserts to screw pts into
Last edited by vixenmaster on Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Boo

Post by Boo »

You can do either. But most equipment is for a right fletch.
Don't listen to people who tell you a left loosens the tips because the field tip shafts have a right hand thread. Crank the tip in and you'll never have a problem.
The only reason left and right exists is for right and left handed shooters having to go to left or right wing feathers shooting off their knuckles.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

I have been working with feathers and very surprised how they work . True Flight will send you free samples they have a new product 2" I use the right wing just because my fletching jig is right helical Arizona Bolt . also got some 5" arms for the same jig so I could try 5" feathers.
W.M.
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Boo wrote:You can do either. But most equipment is for a right fletch.
Don't listen to people who tell you a left loosens the tips because the field tip shafts have a right hand thread. Crank the tip in and you'll never have a problem.
The only reason left and right exists is for right and left handed shooters having to go to left or right wing feathers shooting off their knuckles.
That and the fact that turkeys have right and left wings.( you gotta use the whole bird!) If you want a laugh, fletch some rights in a left jig or vice versa! You'll notice right off! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Buzzard II

Post by Buzzard II »

I'm right handed and I make my own aluminum arrows in left hand fletch Bitzenberger fixtures, offset, using left hand feathers I've been doing this since the early 90's for compound bows and have continued doing this for the crossbow arrows. I use Blazer vanes on crossbow arrows and feathers on recurve arrows. Works for me.
Bob
THE IMMENSE IMPORTANCE OF A PINT OF ALE TO A COMMON PERSON SHOULD NEVER BE OVERLOOKED!
woodmnctry

Post by woodmnctry »

When I first saw this thread---- thought it might be political thing :D
taz3

Post by taz3 »

woodmnctry wrote:When I first saw this thread---- thought it might be political thing :D
Naw too much of that in the world to drag it here! :roll:
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

woodmnctry wrote:When I first saw this thread---- thought it might be political thing :D
:lol: :lol:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
papabear1

Post by papabear1 »

E Z Fletch, right hand blazers...... :wink:

Dave :D
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads