Another Great Cus/Service Post. I'm smelling like a Rose !

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

L. E. Carroll

Another Great Cus/Service Post. I'm smelling like a Rose !

Post by L. E. Carroll »

On March 20 th I returned from a Coyote and Rock Chuck hunt in Central Washington with my beautiful little CZ 527 in 223 and a Fox Pro call.

I then took a 3x9 Adjustable Objective Leupold rifle scope back over to their customer service desk in Beaverton Oregon, as I found late in the hunt, that this now discontinued and over 30 year old scope would no longer "Hold Zero".

Along with the scope I dropped off 2 Leupold spotting scopes. One was actually a Windriver " Sequoia 15x45 " model "by Leupold" the other a Compact Leupold Gold Ring fixed 25 power and a pair of 8x82 Gold Ring Binos. for cleaning, inspection and service. ( All of which is free of charge ).

I was notified by phone that due to the fact they no longer produce a 3x9 with AO, I would be recieving a new VX2 4x12 with AO as a replacement.... then I got a call 45 Minutes ago, telling they were out of those also. So I would be getting a new VX3 4.5x14 in it's place.......This is a $550 dollar scope :shock: :shock: .

It gets better :D :D .... He just called again, minutes ago with a final up-date an mentioned everything had shipped and that they had replaced my 15x45 power Wind River brand Spotting Scope with a brand new Leupold "Ventana 2" model of the same power range.....

Being as my 66th Birthday is Friday the 31st :mrgreen: I'm getting some pretty nice new birthday presents. 8) :wink: :wink:

I can not recommend Leupold and their great warranty and customer service department high enough !

I have 8 of their Rifle Scopes, as well as the binos and 2 spotting scopes and 1 Crossbones. I will never consider another brand.....Wellllll, I did talk to them really hard about comming out with a new illuminated crossbwow scope with no success :roll: So until that happens, I'll stick with my Hawke XB30 Pros. as far as my Crossbows go. :wink:

Gene
Last edited by L. E. Carroll on Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
ROGER THAT

Re: Another Great Cus/Service Post. I'm smelling like a Rose

Post by ROGER THAT »

Congratulations
And Happy Birthday on Friday :D :D :D
>>====>
Work Hard Hunt Harder
Matrix 380 Xtra (Serenity)
Matrix 405 (cwn annwn)
Matrix Bulldog 400 (Acwellen)
Matrix Grizzly (Armel)
Micro 355 (Siofra)
munch

Post by munch »

Nice birthday gift gene
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Wow great service! Congrats on the new toys!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Very nice warranty n you have gotten some really nice Birthday presents, have a wonderful n Happy Birthday
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Your a sweet talker there and Happy Birthday to you. :D
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Happy Birthday Gene, my Brother Ed was also born on the 31st, I'll toast to you both Friday!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
wabi

Post by wabi »

I had a similar experience a couple years back. Sent in an old 4X fixed power scope for repair and got a new VX2 1-4X as a replacement.
The 4X was for a muzzleloader, but the new 1-4X variable was so nice it ended up on my Phoenix and the old VX1 2-7 is on the muzzleloader. :lol:
wabi
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

After getting over to the C/S desk in Beaverton to pick up my bounty, 8) I found out they replaced my existing set of 8x42 Gold Ring Binoculars with a brand new set also. :shock: :D :D They must have discovered a reason, but not sure what it would have been :?
I was very happy with them and only wanted them looked at and possibly cleaned... :roll:

The only things coming back without being replace were my Compact 25X 50mm Spotting Scope and a Leupold tripod which had lost a rubber cap on one of the 3 support legs.

I checked internet pricing and found out that not counting the things they did as to cleaning and inspecting part of my equipment, they replaced right at $1350.00 worth of new hunting related optics.
The only cost to me being the cost of a Set of Leupold CZ style rings ( $50 ) to up-grade from the set CZ supplied with my rifle

Gene
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Scamp tralier
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Wow, that is great service to say the least!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

Happy Birthday Gene, you got some nice gifts there.
W.M.
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

As good as Excal warranty is, Leupold is still tops with me. I have never had a "Bonanza" like yours, but have always felt that they went over and above, any time I needed service. Congrats on all the new goodies.
Dzohio

Post by Dzohio »

The paints falling off of my 3 year old truck. Customer service told me to pound salt! Want to be my spokesperson? Happy belated birthday! Hope your recouping today!
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

:lol: :lol: :lol: I can tell your not refering to a 03 Tundra, nor a really old Bronco, as I know their paint is pretty good. My Tundra is 14 years old and the Black paint still looks good even though there are some scratches from years of hunting and I'm the second owner of an old 44 year old Bronco :wink: She still looks good !! :wink:

Gene
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Scamp tralier
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

Nice Gene ..I fell and the scope 3x9x40 with paralax saved my back.I wrote letter to Luepold and they sent me brand new 4x12x40 with paralax scope .scope was 40 years old..

I then went and bought 3 more scopes.. :lol: