Help With Ordering Custom Arrows

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

GROOTSKY

Help With Ordering Custom Arrows

Post by GROOTSKY »

I'm looking into ordering some custom Zombies from SSAS, I want to shoot 20" arrows instead of the Diablos out of my BD380 ( the Diablos sit real deep in the riser not allowing the use of some of the bigger fixed blades).

When it comes to ordering from the dropdown cart there are many vane setback options as well as vane orientation -RH helical,RH offset or straight, any advise on what to use with a 20" arrow & a 92 gram insert would be appreciated.

Is there any particular style of vane that should be used with this setup? If it matters I do plan on using 125gram fixed heads.

Thanks
paulaboutform

Re: Help With Ordering Custom Arrows

Post by paulaboutform »

When it comes to arrow recipes there's really more than one way to skin a cat. If you're ordering from Jerry at South Shore then avail yourself of his knowledge and services by picking up the phone and calling him directly. He's a very nice man and what you can accomplish in a five minute phone conversation would take a multitude of emails. Call and explain what you want and ask for suggestions.....then take his advice. :wink:

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
GROOTSKY

Post by GROOTSKY »

Thanks, I thought he may be too busy to be bothered for a simple arrow sale
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

GROOTSKY wrote:Thanks, I thought he may be too busy to be bothered for a simple arrow sale
In my limited dealings with Jerry he's never been too busy for a customer. If he is he will call back.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.