Varizone scope

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wheelie

Varizone scope

Post by wheelie »

I recently got into airguns in my indoor archery range. Varizone sits on my Crosman MK-177 (495fps) if I pump it all the way which I don't. Am I asking for trouble with the scope? Scope that was on it (Centre Point) was just a big blurr. Was just an extra scope sitting around and have another scope if one of my crossbows scopes go down. CHEERS!
Boo

Re: Varizone scope

Post by Boo »

I doubt it Kevin. It's not like you're shooting a high performance springer.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Thanks Don. Some people take airguns pretty darn seriously. Wont be me. I still have two of mine that I have not shot in forty years till a week ago. Never seen oil in there lives. Canada Airgun Forum I had to search to find out where you oil a airgun after people were talking about different oils. LOL
taz3

Post by taz3 »

wheelie wrote:Thanks Don. Some people take airguns pretty darn seriously. Wont be me. I still have two of mine that I have not shot in forty years till a week ago. Never seen oil in there lives. Canada Airgun Forum I had to search to find out where you oil a airgun after people were talking about different oils. LOL
I have a Daisy BB rifle my Dad gave me for my birthday when I was 4, it's the same deal. It sat forever with out being touched, I recently oiled it for the 2nd time of it's life and shot icicles off my shop :lol: .

I have an old varizone on a 177 air rifle and haven't had any issues with it and I pump it right up. :twisted:
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

taz3 wrote:
wheelie wrote:Thanks Don. Some people take airguns pretty darn seriously. Wont be me. I still have two of mine that I have not shot in forty years till a week ago. Never seen oil in there lives. Canada Airgun Forum I had to search to find out where you oil a airgun after people were talking about different oils. LOL
I have a Daisy BB rifle my Dad gave me for my birthday when I was 4, it's the same deal. It sat forever with out being touched, I recently oiled it for the 2nd time of it's life and shot icicles off my shop :lol: .

I have an old varizone on a 177 air rifle and haven't had any issues with it and I pump it right up. :twisted:
Cool Thanks. Should be fun when I go to the pistol range at club and everyone shooting powder burners and I pull out my pellet pistols. Staying under 500fps on my pistols. Just ordered a target 177 pistol 495 fps. They make kits out of the US. Buy a Princess Auto 177 for 59 dollars at 350 fps and turn it into a 1200fps for the price of the kit. We shall see where I end up. MK-177 495fps with 10 pumps the kit makes it a 550FPS with three pumps. That I may do. :lol:
taz3

Post by taz3 »

wheelie wrote: Cool Thanks. Should be fun when I go to the pistol range at club and everyone shooting powder burners and I pull out my pellet pistols. Staying under 500fps on my pistols. Just ordered a target 177 pistol 495 fps. They make kits out of the US. Buy a Princess Auto 177 for 59 dollars at 350 fps and turn it into a 1200fps for the price of the kit. We shall see where I end up. :lol:
I know how to step up the 357 CO2 pistols. :D
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

taz3 wrote:
wheelie wrote: Cool Thanks. Should be fun when I go to the pistol range at club and everyone shooting powder burners and I pull out my pellet pistols. Staying under 500fps on my pistols. Just ordered a target 177 pistol 495 fps. They make kits out of the US. Buy a Princess Auto 177 for 59 dollars at 350 fps and turn it into a 1200fps for the price of the kit. We shall see where I end up. :lol:
I have one Crosman 357. Brown handle and one in parts I took apart and gave up putting it back together. Part that spins the clip fell off the shaft. LOL
taz3

Post by taz3 »

wheelie wrote:
taz3 wrote:
I have one Crosman 357. Brown handle and one in parts I took apart and gave up putting it back together. Part that spins the clip fell off the shaft. LOL
Haha, yep those are the ones, I toyed with them when I was a kid and still have a couple around.
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting
hankenhunter

Post by hankenhunter »

I love the old pellet rifles. They were my go to for dusting squirrels when I was a lad. That's when my love of hunting started. Thanks Wheelie for the trip down memory lane. Like when my brother shot at a fence post and it bounced back and hit him between the eyes. Left a nice dent too. :lol:
Hank
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Me also hankenhunter . My father was a O.P.P.cop in the city of Kitchener and bought me a pellet gun at age nine. Got my first 22 at age 12 and my hunting licence at 15.

Walking down the street with my pellet gun slung over my shoulder and the Waterloo Regional Police pulled up to me and asked "what you doing" I said "going to the park hunting". Cop said "you be careful" Now days the parents would be in jail for child abuse. Ten year old kid sitting in a tinny little bush waiting for little birds to fly up with other kids playing on the swings and slides. :lol:

And guess what? I never turned into a bank robber or a terrorist! :lol: