New micro 355 on order

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

donny.brooke

Re: New micro 355 on order

Post by donny.brooke »

Havnt got out to shoot it yet hoping after work tonight.
Dr.Stirruped Micro 355
Rem 700 LSS Mountain 280 Rem.
MicroMan355

Post by MicroMan355 »

Excellent choice! Looking forward to your thoughts on the Micro 355.
donny.brooke

Post by donny.brooke »

Shot it today for first time. Not the easiest to cock or uncock. Scares the crap out of me. Shot it 20 times out to 60 yards and got used to it a bit. Going to get the Dr. Stirrup kit for it.
Dr.Stirruped Micro 355
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

donny.brooke wrote:Shot it today for first time. Not the easiest to cock or uncock. Scares the crap out of me. Shot it 20 times out to 60 yards and got used to it a bit. Going to get the Dr. Stirrup kit for it.
Yep 280lbs draw weight is some serious stuff... :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
SEW

Post by SEW »

donny.brooke wrote:Shot it today for first time. Not the easiest to cock or uncock. Scares the crap out of me. Shot it 20 times out to 60 yards and got used to it a bit. Going to get the Dr. Stirrup kit for it.
I think you made a great Xbow choice! I'd consider two things: 1) usage of a C-2 cocker and 2) definitely getting a full Dr Stirrup kit.
Both will reduce back, arm and shoulder stress.
As we all are likely aware, shooting higher poundage vertical bows can result in shoulder problems. In a parallel sense, repeatedly cocking higher weight xbows can cause spinal compression . We don't want this either. The older we get, the more fragil our backs are. Beware!
With most Excalibur xbows having over #200 limbs, resulting in > 100# of pull, the stress on our backs far exceeds most other xbows(compounds).
The C-2 totally prevents this stress. I think Excalibur needs to develop an easier to use cocker. If nothing else, a swing lock design rather than the screw-in attachment. All my cocking (M380,BD400, M405) is done with a C-2 except, I just take a Dr Stirrup cocking rope for additional additional shots while hunting.
The Dr Stirrup stirrup causes the user to use both feet, and with the slightly improved geometry, causes less stress on cocking. It seems to reduce the felt stress to the level of the next lower poundage model, i.e., M405 to M380, Micro M355 to Micro 335, etc. To me, the Dr Stirrup kit is a "must have" accessory. It's on all 3 of my Excaliburs.
donny.brooke

Post by donny.brooke »

Full Dr. Stirrup kit on order
Dr.Stirruped Micro 355
donny.brooke

Post by donny.brooke »

Shot it out to 50 today with broadheads, it seems its shooting around 340 fps according to the scope dial. Any turkey or blackbear within 50 yards is in big trouble lol.
Dr.Stirruped Micro 355