Matrix 330 to Micro Suppressor

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

dithian

Re: Matrix 330 to Micro Suppressor

Post by dithian »

Thanks for all the input, you all. You helped a lot with the decision.

I think in Hawaii "Big Boar" means a slightly more demure thing than on the continent. With my M330 at 30 yards, using stock Diablos and Boltcutters, bolts go right through. They will even travel quite a good distance lengthwise to reach the exit, sometimes. I do agree, however, that going lighter and using mechanicals would be a mistake.

So, after a good deal of hemming and hawing, cogitating and scratching my head, I had an epiphany: I like crossbows for crossbows' sake. I don't NEED another one, but do I really need to do such gymnastics to justify WANTING and HAVING another one? No. After all this, I realized that the Micro 335 was the Goldilocks choice of the bunch for me, in terms of cost, draw weight, effectiveness and being able to buy it and keep the M330. It's on order now.
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Congratulations! You can always come here to get some helpful opinions and justification for getting a new bow. :mrgreen:

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Arrowflinger

Post by Arrowflinger »

Having your cake and eating it too.Congrats
Matrix 350 LE 18 in. Diablos 150 gr. Boltcutters Zombie Slayers 150 gr. Slick Tricks C2 crank Hawkke XB 30 Pro SR
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

They're both great bows, the size and draw weight are the big difference.
That and the latest coolest gotta have it aspect of the suppressor, you want it but you don't really need it. :lol:
Matrix 355 w/Tact Zone
Vortex w/Varizone
HellBilly-X

Post by HellBilly-X »

I just bought the Micro Raid 335 & im glad I did. Awesome lil crossbow.
Axiom 175/S5's "RedRum"
Trigger Tech 2 stage trigger
Varizone Scope
Black Eagle Executioners w/2in. Blazers
Swhackers
Micro Raid 335 "Minster" aka (Mini Monster)
Trigger Tech
Hawke XB1 SR
Gold Tip Swift Pros w/2in Blazers
Muzzy HBX
dithian

Post by dithian »

Bow finally came in. WOW! So glad I got the Micro. Not too hard to cock at all. Also, I really like the trigger—much better than on my M330.
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

Congrats on yer new kill'n Machine dithian!! I just spent my first afternoon shooting and dialing in my Suppressor, and will say, I am pleasantly surprised, for a few reasons

1) I was expecting around 320 fps with anything close to a 400 grain arrow, I cut down some dbl wall tapps to 15.5", I know but I always gotta be different. D2 nock's, blazer vanes and 125 grain tip,, for 398 grains, and got 331.2 Av. Velocity, with a .65 fps extreme spread,,,, I'd say it liked them! Oh ya and 8190 Vixenmaster string.

2) Then at 20 yards it drilled 1/2" squares I painted on the 450K bag target, over and over. So I went to 40 and 2 shots dialed in the XB1,,, nice scope for this little bow.

3) then I wanted to get it to shoot a fixed broadhead. So my first try was with a 125 grain Viper Trick,, and @ 20 yards it was about 1/4" to the left from the field points,, not bad. Then to 40 yards and dang I took two shots resting my forehand on the back of a lawn chair,, 1/2" low, and 1/2" left,,first shot, then I shot another arrow, with the same broadhead on it,,, dead center for elevation and about 1/2" left. I think I'll just call this my hunting setup.

I only got this bow to hunt a couple spots with, none of have over a 40 yard shot, and 40 would be stretching it. but to try the first thing in it and have these results with these little splinters I threw together, if you shoot the same place at 40 yards twice, without pulling your arrow,,, it will get very expensive with this l'il sprinter launcher!! I made them Tapps out of damaged arrows from my Matrix 380's,, hey I guess you could say I just found something to shoot my junk in,,, :wink:

I will do a full review of my outcome but I still wouldn't sell my 380's for one, but dang sure glad I added this one to the cave,, it was easy, I just had to screw in a new hook to hang it on.
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
dithian

Post by dithian »

That's great, wildcatter! Nothing like getting a new toy to get us out of the house, eh? Great groups for me at 30 yards. I'll set up my 40 and 50 yard targets tomorrow and see how it goes.
Ferguson Outfitters

Post by Ferguson Outfitters »

Its hard to argue with a Matrix 330