Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
sproulman

Re: Petition to allow Permethrin in Canada

Post by sproulman »

I live in worst state and county in country for ticks state of pa..I am expert on ticks.. :roll:
Anyhow yes Permethin on your clothes only you can get 4 washes before you soak again.I just use spray from wal-mart here in bottle and spray everytime we go in woods..

We all have LYMES and so do most of our dogs.It killed toby my lab and it put me in hospital...You never get rid of it it hides in your brain or behind your knee caps..

sad part is you get in truck and tick jumps on seat or from dog.Your kids and wife then get bit .dog plays with kids they get bit.you go to bed dog sleeps with ya you get bit and wife too...other dogs get bit from tick from your dog ...
:x
ones with red butt are bad ones ...

get your dog a tick shot every year at vets ..give your dog a tick bath everytime you take him in woods .keep him in kennel in truck not on truck seats.
change your clothes outside and hang on clothes line and spray again OR throw them in dryer heat kills a tick...

Ticks can come from above ya they follow your breath to your neck ..I was sitting in my treestand and found 1 on my head dug in that quick.it was bloody mess on my fingers getting that tick out of my head ..They jump off ya sitting at home and your family screams... :lol:

Thats enough for now ..
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

Oh just enough for now???????
Lololololololol

Now that's a tick problem. There must be a lot of deer to have that kind of a tick problem.

Some sound advice though for sure.
I had treatment back in 92. Got it taken care of before any problems.
Had a bullseye growing on my left arm. No indication of a tick bite just the bullseye pattern. My dr. did some quick research and said better safe than sorry. I suspect it was a.mosquito bite but not sure. Doc didn't agree but treated anyway.

Never found one on me but always vigilant.
I don't hunt in the warm weather so that cuts down the odds.

Just to add................hope well and having fun.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
ihunt

Post by ihunt »

That's some scary stuff sproulman Almost makes me not want to venture out anymore :shock:
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers
rayman

Post by rayman »

I use the permethrin spray when working and it does help a lot. Also helps to have clothes tucked in and I almost always have on snake gaiters or boots which help a lot also.

Florida has other tick borne illnesses perhaps more than Lyme. For someone spending a lot of time in woods it's more when than if.
Jack Pine

Post by Jack Pine »

I used to own hunting land near Blind River, Ontario, and I doubt Canada will allow Permethrin for wide use in the country. Might cause harm to the national bird, the black fly!!!
I became a treehugger the day my climber slipped.
ihunt

Post by ihunt »

Jack Pine wrote:I used to own hunting land near Blind River, Ontario, and I doubt Canada will allow Permethrin for wide use in the country. Might cause harm to the national bird, the black fly!!!
Hahaha I'll worry about 'our' national bird when it's on the endanged list, not!
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

ihunt wrote:That's some scary stuff sproulman Almost makes me not want to venture out anymore :shock:
YES...My left side of my face locked right up while sitting in my treestand 18 ft up a summit climber.You should have seen me coming down with my face turned to right then walk 1 mile out to truck it was AWFUL..

Then hold your dog toby in my arms he died from Lymes and I gave him Lymes shot every year and meds on his back..
arthrithis gets bad and red circles show up on your side or your back..
headaches,heart attacks ,tired you sleep alot...

you eat pills like candy to play it safe and if you get positive results 3 months of strong meds ...watching your dog get skinny from kidney failure is sad to watch they will lose 20 pds in 3 years so slow you do not notice it ..They cannot hold theire urine and their stools will be runny and explode mess like you never seen in dog.

It is shocking to see and have and what I say is Truth...