Which Crossbow

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Okiehunter

Re: Which Crossbow

Post by Okiehunter »

Awesome! Thank you for the tips and suggestions. I don't see the 350SE that someone said was one of the best deals. Looks like I have several suggestions, I better get to a dealer aznd check out a few models in person. Shoot a few, load a few.
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

Due to a limited amount of discontined 405 parts available due to ceasing producton of the Matrix 405 model( which are used in making the 350 SE/LE by simply shortening the rail ) the availibilty of these "Limited Edition" bows is drying up....They were supplied by Excal. to 2 or 3 Canadian outlets but somehow have also showed up on Ebay for right at $550 to your door for the entire package including a Dead Zone scope.

This makes it near the price of a Grizzly, but cheaper than a Matrix 310, 330, 335 or any of the higher peformance Excal. models. (And it will out preform all but the present 380 and 400 fps models and draws way easier )

I would quickly search Ebay or simply do a google search and see what may still be available. :wink:

If you have questions as to it's ability to take big game :lol: That's a Matrix 355 in my avatar picture with the Bull Elk. That Matrix 355 is as close as you can get to being the same bow as the M 350 SE/LE models but minus the camo rail, camo riser, and included matching camo cheek rest.
IMO the Matrix 350 and 355 are equal performance and handling wise, but the 355 cost me WAY MORE MONEY and I got less in the package if you include the the camo goodies and cost of a cheek rest that come standard with the 350 SE/LE models.

I guess I forgot to add that I have passed on my Matrix 355 and now happily shoot a fully camoed 350 SE. :wink:

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Okiehunter wrote:Awesome! Thank you for the tips and suggestions. I don't see the 350SE that someone said was one of the best deals. Looks like I have several suggestions, I better get to a dealer aznd check out a few models in person. Shoot a few, load a few.

Ebay still available
GarySimone

Post by GarySimone »

One recommendation for Excalibur Matrix Grizzly SMF if you want a good crossbow, Barnett Jackal Package for beginners.
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

GarySimone wrote:One recommendation for Excalibur Matrix Grizzly SMF if you want a good crossbow, Barnett Jackal Package for beginners.
Barnett Jackal you say? Hmmm, I'm not familiar with it. Sounds great though. Please do tell me more. I've heard Barnett crossbows are known for their great quality and customer service. Please enlighten me.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

There's a Excalibur cub on the trading post that would be a great first bow. I know Mike who's selling it and he's a good guy! :mrgreen:
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
ThunderXB

Post by ThunderXB »

On the Archery Talk/Crossbow Talk website, in the crossbow classifieds, there is an Excalibur 350SE for sale asking $520.

Says it's never been shot.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=4982057
Bulldog 400, Hawke XB30, JBK string, Dr S, TriggerT
405 Matrix, XBR, HAA, DM string, TT, ti64
405 Matrix Blackout, XBR, HAA, DM string, TT, ti64
Buzzard II

Post by Buzzard II »

Any Excalibur is good for hunting. I would try holding one to see which Excalibur you like best and fits you best. Ask a lot of questions about the crossbow, it's operations and all accessories. Good luck.
Bob
THE IMMENSE IMPORTANCE OF A PINT OF ALE TO A COMMON PERSON SHOULD NEVER BE OVERLOOKED!
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

The 350se is the best deal while it's still available. The mossy oak is one of the best camos Excalibur does.
Matrix 355 w/Tact Zone
Vortex w/Varizone
Micro.slayer

Post by Micro.slayer »

Okie Suppressor! Must! Nothing better. I have a 335 micro. The bomb
SEW

Post by SEW »

paulaboutform wrote:
Okiehunter wrote:Thank you for the reply! I guess I should clarify, I would be the one cocking it and I would always be at arms length away. My neice and nephew live a few hours away so they get to go hunting with me a few times out of a 3.5 month long season. I would be the one hunting with the crossbow 90% of the time.

One concern I have is I have read some comments that the suppressor might not be as accurate due to the smaller size. Is this common among all of the smaller crossbows?
I'd like to clarify your concern regarding accuracy. I'm one of the guys that said the wider limb models are more accurate than the narrow limb models. Now that's true, but, you're really splitting hairs. With all things being equal, it may mean a Micro will shoot 2" groups at 80yards where a Matrix will shoot 1.5" groups and an Exo series will shoot 1". I'm just using these numbers as an example and not actual data as there are many variables that will result in groups being tighter or wider. Ultimately, as already mentioned, they're all very accurate.

Paul
Dead on! Exactly what I've repeatedly experienced.
Separate subject - I've enjoyed shooting the M330 and Vortex more than any other Excalibur . Own neither of them. With the revised limb mounting being used now, I'll bet the M350 SE/LE could easily be my favored Xbow .
Moon

Post by Moon »

Loved my old Vortex and I hunted with it for years. I had to downsize with Micro's due to my physical condition. I don't think there is a practical difference in accuracy at my typical hunting shot distances.
Been there Done that
xbowdude

Post by xbowdude »

I'm still kind of undecided. Does the GRZ2 have an aluminum rail? I'm also thinking about getting a bulldog, but I'm a bit worried about the draw weight and the shorter eye to scope distance because of the bullpup-stock. I guess, I'll have to make the drive to a shop and try the different models.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Grizz2 isn't a alum. mainframe. BD are no problem usin scopes plenty of adjustment there. Nutten better than to try out all models yer interested in
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315