Matrix 350se

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bill1111

Re: Matrix 350se

Post by bill1111 »

What's the next thing I need?
Most of you have items you put on every bow.
Want to quiet it
Thinking Dr Stirrup -4x4 and Stirrup
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

bill1111

Keep in mind, your never going to get it or any other Excal. "Whisper Quiet". :roll:

I have simply outfitted all of mine with Danny Miller or DB brand string bumpers, put a layer or two of shrink tubing on the portion of the hold down spring which may touch your rail immediately after arrow is released, and I wrap the stirrup with a deadening material ( like "tennis handle wrap" which can be bought at Walmart ) and then cover that with 1" or so wide strips of camo duct tape to reduce the "Tuning Effect".

The stirrup may create this effect thru viberation and noise being transfered up the rail.

I cut the roll of camo tape around the middle of the roll with a single edge razor blade ( but be really careful. :shock: :roll: I use pliers to hold the "Roll" while cutting ) giving me 2 aproximately 1" wide strips. These thinner pieces are much easier to work around the corners while pulling tight. Wrap the entire stirrup ( after removing it from the bow ). I then use a sharp pointed exacto knife to put cross slits tru the tape from both sides where the mounting screws go, and then "Screw"them thru the tape and back into the end of the rail.

This procedure is not expensive and has quieted my bows somewhat while keeping added weight to a minimun, which is important to me.
I "Still Hunt" :D rather than using a blind or tree stand where weight is less of an issue.

I should mention that I tried a "DR Stirrup", but it made contact with the back of my head and shoulder while carrying the bow over my shoulder on a sling.

I have however, heard nothing but good when it comes to the DR products. I have, and really like, the DR 4x4 cocker and set of DR bumpers I have on my Micro. :wink:

I would suggest you outfit your bow with your Hunting Style in mind. :wink:

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Quiet ummm i heard that n so will the deer up close. DM's Buggy Bumpers or Excals REDS. You don't need alot of that stuff on yer crossbow
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
seabee401

Post by seabee401 »

mreyner wrote:Buy it Love mine and the people here will help with "picking" :shock: your accessories and other toys :lol: You will not be disappointed.
I'm sure they will! :lol: That's part of the fun!
Phoenix I, Phoenix II, Excocet 200, Vortex, Matrix 350Se, Matrix 330, Matrix 310
seabee401

Post by seabee401 »

L. E. Carroll wrote:I have one and Love It.... I have a couple other very nice, expensive and pupular model Excals as well, but this bow draws so easily, looks beautiful with it's full camo coverage in what I think is the Best Camo pattern they have come up with to date, and is so accurate even at 50 yards that I see it sharing many hours in the field with me.. It has become my favorite "Daily Shooter" for a very good reason.

ONE CONCERN........They have dried up to the point I that I now read that there are very few left.....if you have located one and are "Sitting on The Fence" you need to jump or climb down very quickly and pull the trigger to make it your's.

I previously owned and hunted with a Matrix 355 and this bow is everything the 355 is. However I feel its wrapped up in a full and IMO a much prefered full camo pattern... :wink:

I have contacted Dawn and confirmed that this bow will have the same great warranty as all Excals. and limbs with this distinct pattern will be available should we need them in the future. :wink:

Gene
Found some on EBay Gene. That's where I got mine. Don't know how many r left though. Thanks for the info. By the way... Just came in today! Can't wait for the weekend! Like a kid at Xmas! :D
Phoenix I, Phoenix II, Excocet 200, Vortex, Matrix 350Se, Matrix 330, Matrix 310
seabee401

Post by seabee401 »

vixenmaster wrote:I also have one of the Excal 350SE models. They are Excals n carry the full warranty. I have had the 405/380/355 Matrix my 350SE seems to be the one i have kept :)
I'm sure I'll keep my other two but I'm gettin' to thinkin' that the 350se just might spendin' a lot of time with me :lol: Didn't even open box yet but everyone has nothing but good to say about em'.
seabee401

Post by seabee401 »

L. E. Carroll wrote:I hope you have a feather duster in the house for the Pheonix and Exocet.. As your going to be needing one once you get to shooting the new 350. :wink: :lol: :lol:

Besure and come back to give us your impressions after experiencing it a bit. :D

Gene
I'll have to give them equal time ... So as not to make any of them jelous :lol:
seabee401

Post by seabee401 »

bill1111 wrote:My new m350 will be here on Thursday.
Would like to buy arrows tomorrow.
18 or 20 inch?
2219 's ok?
Would like to use 150 GR. Target points
Any info on must buy aftermarket items would help a lot.

Thanks
Bill
I ordered 6 Diablo bolts. With 100 grain tips. I want the most speed out of it. Don't know much about this bow except what the fine folks on here told me. For now I'll keep it stock. Its an Excalibur... You can't go wrong no matter what you choose. :wink:
seabee401

Post by seabee401 »

mreyner wrote:Buy it Love mine and the people here will help with "picking" :shock: your accessories and other toys :lol: You will not be disappointed.
That's for sure! :wink:
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

Check out wyverncreations.com for better arrows.
David will tell you what to get.
String aid, reds or Dan Miller bumpers.
Keep your brace height adjusted correctly.
Have one of our great string makers whip you up a custom Flemish string. Look on the trading post for those.
Danny Miller also can set you up too.
He's also a warranty guy to call if something goes bad or ask a question.
Don't worry about the loud noise of these bows as the deer don't mind at all!
Make sure to blue loc tite the scope base screws and check the others for tightness periodically.

Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
seabee401

Post by seabee401 »

Riflemanz wrote:Check out wyverncreations.com for better arrows.
David will tell you what to get.
String aid, reds or Dan Miller bumpers.
Keep your brace height adjusted correctly.
Have one of our great string makers whip you up a custom Flemish string. Look on the trading post for those.
Danny Miller also can set you up too.
He's also a warranty guy to call if something goes bad or ask a question.
Don't worry about the loud noise of these bows as the deer don't mind at all!
Make sure to blue loc tite the scope base screws and check the others for tightness periodically.
Hey , thanks Rifleman's. I'm taking notes from everyone here. :wink:
Goose52

Post by Goose52 »

My nephew just bought one from amazon for $519. He put it in his cart & watched the price bounce up & down until he pulled the trigger at $519. Price was $581 when i looked.
Micro 335 Nightmare (Black Bo)
Twilight DLX
Wyvern's Gold Tips
Drstirrup
Matrix 350LE
SEW

Post by SEW »

I don't own a Suppressor, don't intend to own a Suppressor as I'm content with the 3 Excals I have. However, I was in D&W in Jonesboro, AR which has a wide selection of Xbows. I was looking at the Suppressor when the archery manager stated that it was likely the quietest Xbow in the store. I shot it and agreed. I think the Suppressor sets a new gentleness and quietness standard for recurve xbows and even for many compound xbows.
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

Steve I finally broke down and bought me a Suppressor,, and dang is it quiet, even quieter than all the work I did on the 335 Micro I went from both ends of the earth on.

But I stripped most of the hardware off the Suppressor in favor of what I bought it for, a compact quiet hunting bow that was LIGHT WEIGHT!!

I think after removing the limb dampeners, the string leaches and the air brakes,, It is a much sweeter hunting bow, and really don't see much difference in noise!! one thing is for sure at 336 fps with a 407 grain arrow I won't be shooting much past 40 or 45 yards with it at Max, and at that range I am certain any deer that heres it, will have heard it for the last time,,,,,,,, :wink:
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
seabee401

Post by seabee401 »

Any thoughts or opinions on R.E.D.S. , dissipator bars , or string bumpers for the 350Se ? I see that it doesn't come with any of these. :?:
Tom