HELP!!!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

HellBilly-X

HELP!!!!

Post by HellBilly-X »

Guys just got a couple new strings & a slave stringer for my new Micro & im in need of some help. Got the new string on & released the slave stringer & the string was against the bumpers. I went to cock the slave stringer to adjust string & the slave stringer will not engage & is resting on the anti-dry fire mechanism. How do I get it to release my slave stringer? Please help I have never had an Excalibur with the anti-dry fire mechanism & im not digging it at this moment. Help a brother out. Lol
Axiom 175/S5's "RedRum"
Trigger Tech 2 stage trigger
Varizone Scope
Black Eagle Executioners w/2in. Blazers
Swhackers
Micro Raid 335 "Minster" aka (Mini Monster)
Trigger Tech
Hawke XB1 SR
Gold Tip Swift Pros w/2in Blazers
Muzzy HBX
one shot scott

Re: HELP!!!!

Post by one shot scott »

As long as the safety is off you should be able to use the cocking rope to catch the stringing aid back into the string latches of the trigger.

After that to release, you need to push the tab for the ADF before you pull the trigger to release the stringing aid.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
HellBilly-X

Post by HellBilly-X »

When I try to cock the slave stringer back into the string latches it just clicks & goes back onto the ADF.
Axiom 175/S5's "RedRum"
Trigger Tech 2 stage trigger
Varizone Scope
Black Eagle Executioners w/2in. Blazers
Swhackers
Micro Raid 335 "Minster" aka (Mini Monster)
Trigger Tech
Hawke XB1 SR
Gold Tip Swift Pros w/2in Blazers
Muzzy HBX
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

As stated, make sure safety is not on, then try to deactivate the ADF, and pull the trigger, maybe it is cocked for some reason. If that does not work, cock the latches using and allen wrench, the n release it before trying to cock it.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

Insure the safety is off and the trigger latches are "UP". Pull the cocking rope back up while hooked to the stringing device attached to the hooks on each side of the rail.... until the string device ( rope) once again locks back in behind the trigger latches. Holding the handle in your strong hand and pulled up tight (I use my right hand and arm ) this is with 1 hook on the left and 1 on the right sides of the stock and excess cocking rope pulled out with the strong arm and hand up near shoulder height... Hold it there tightly, then reach down with other hand while having a foot in the stirrup, push the ADF lever in and hold it there in with thumb and pull trigger in with your index finger. This will move ADF out of the way and allow the stringing device to avoid the ADF.

Check out Excal Videos and it will be shown there. :wink:

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Safety off pull the trigger if it clicks the claws were engaged.

Pull slave string on to the latches again.

Report back to us if it's still causing you problems...
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.