Bulldog 400 ???

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

SEW

Bulldog 400 ???

Post by SEW »

I rarely read anything about Excal's current, fastest model. Being a longer range shooter, I lean towards faster, more powerful xbows and own the fastest 3 Excal models: M380,BD400 and the M405. The 380 & 405 have the original risers and are close to 5'/sec slower and 20'/sec faster, respectively, than the BD400 which has always had the destressed limb mounting. While I prefer the mounting of the Matrix stock, the BD isn't bad to me. The gentle feel, overall quietness, the speed, the smaller size, the comparative ease of cocking and the likely extreme dependability of the BD400 seem to me to be such that it'd be one of Excal's highest sellers; yet, there is very little discussion on the BD400 and not much more on the BD380. Why is this?
Arrowflinger

Re: Bulldog 400 ???

Post by Arrowflinger »

Cuz I'm still happy wit my 350 and unfortunately can't afford a nuther un right now; otherwise I'd be glad to be discussin another excal wit yall
Matrix 350 LE 18 in. Diablos 150 gr. Boltcutters Zombie Slayers 150 gr. Slick Tricks C2 crank Hawkke XB 30 Pro SR
LongCarbine

Post by LongCarbine »

Your right you don't hear much talk about them . If they come out with a Micro 315 -335 Bulldog for under $800 THEN I'll talk about them :D
Matrix 355
Axiom (Alum.Rail)
Matrix B.D 330
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I think many of the members have jus stopped tryin to keep up wid the Jones ! Alot of the members here are fixed income, they jus can't afford to sell n buy every yr or even 2 yrs. Personally i jus gave up on the big pounders, n won't be lookin fer any of them. This maybe the case fer many more ppl. While my Custom built Matrix 360 won't win any bein quiet contests, its goin to be a great Tick Toter killer. Plus i am able to rope cock it, as the C2 doe not fit the butt stock.
:D
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
rein1

Post by rein1 »

You don't hear much since the BD 400 is a great crossbow, The owners if such a fine product are among the elite group of crossbow owners !!! It cost $$$$ to be a member in this club ..
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

Personally, I'm not into the "Latest is Greatest" group as I too find myself among those "Fixed Income" types. :roll:

However, I do have in my possession 3 excellent Excal models that, if the Good Lords willing (?) will let me enjoy the outdoors a few more years while keeping a geat big smile on my face. Any of the ones in my limited collection, will allow me a perfectly good bow to attempt to harvest any game animal I should have the desire to take. (and the money to do so) I'm always surprised when I emagine what a good hunt or two I could have when applying the cost of another new model X-bow to possibly help make those hunts happen . :wink:

I envy you guys with deep pockets who can keep up with the latest trends in crossbows and enjoy reading all the reviews on these new models. Please keep them coming, as I find it very enjoyable reading as I sit here by the wood stove while contemplating old age. :roll:

Gene :D
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
SEW

Post by SEW »

L. E. Carroll wrote:Personally, I'm not into the "Latest is Greatest" group as I too find myself among those "Fixed Income" types. :roll:

I envy you guys with deep pockets who can keep up with the latest trends in crossbows and enjoy reading all the reviews on these new models. Please keep them coming, as I find it very enjoyable reading as I sit here by the wood stove while contemplating old age. :roll:

Gene :D
Gene,
Neither am I. However, the M380/405 are 4 & 5 years old and the BD is 2 , maybe 3 years old. The xbows I'm referencing are the newer ones, Micros, Suppressor, etc that are all newer than what I have.
So, my newest (a used BD400) isn't as new as what almost all the threads/posts are. I'm not desiring the newest nor the smallest; rather, the longest range.
I'd really like a 290# Equinox with a traditional riser. Now, that's a new one I'd buy.
I'm not contemplating old age, I'm living it - to the fullest!
CT.HNTR

Post by CT.HNTR »

I love my BD400 and don't want anything else. The only improvement I can suggest is less creep in the trigger.

It's compact, powerful, has great balance and shoots fantastic. I love the fact that my 18 inch bolts with fixed broad head stay within the riser and don't extend into the stirrup.
Matrix Bulldog 440
BOO Custom Strings
Vortex Crossfire II
18 Inch Zombies with 110 Grain Brass Inserts
125 Grain Slick tricks
2 Inch Blazer Vanes with Right Helical
Hunt it
Location: 35 mins North of Lake Erie and 35 mins East of Lake Huron

Post by Hunt it »

Love my BD 400 as well as my 380 Matrix.