Trigger Swapping

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

dithian

Trigger Swapping

Post by dithian »

I know trigger conversation on this forum has been just about worn through, but I still couldn't find an answer to my question from old posts, so here's yet another trigger question:

I've had an M330 for a couple of years, and I never really did come to love the trigger. I just ordered a Micro 335, and because it has taken so long to get here (they put it on the slow boat, for some reason) I've fallen prey to pre-accessorizing the new bow in impatient anticipation. Because everyone raves about them, I just ordered a TriggerTech trigger to replace either the M330 trigger, or the Micro's, whichever seems to need it most. I read somewhere that Excalibur has upgraded the triggers for their Micros and higher poundage Matrix bows; is this true? If so, would there be an advantage to putting the TT in the Micro, and putting the Micro trigger in the M330?
racking up points

Re: Trigger Swapping

Post by racking up points »

Others may have lengthier more in-depth replies but mine is simple - just go buy another Trigger Tech. :lol:

If you have it on one bow, you'll want it on both. There is zero comparison to be made between them and any stock trigger.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

The 405 came wid abit better trigger assembly, it was Factory. The higher the poundage draw weight always seem to be on the losin end. If'en they too bad i jus send mine to Danny Miller n let him rework them. I am not about to buy an after market trigger assembly to kill tick toters out to 60 yds
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

racking up points wrote:Others may have lengthier more in-depth replies but mine is simple - just go buy another Trigger Tech. :lol:

If you have it on one bow, you'll want it on both. There is zero comparison to be made between them and any stock trigger.
Totally agree!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Ekkie

Post by Ekkie »

I think I've read that Excal will rework a gritty trigger as a warranty issue? Might save you a few dollars. Also, you could compare and contrast between the reworked trigger and the Trigger Tech and tell us what you think. :D

~E
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I have taken a few triggers apart, and found steps from tool path directional changes. This may not make sense to some, but machinists, and mechanics in general might grasp what I'm saying. If you get that smoothed out, the factory triggers are very well made. If you contact Boo, he might rework it for you at a reasonable cost, and those folks that have gone this route seem very pleased.
Sorry Don, don't mean to toss a bunch of work your way, but a bunch of folks like the job you've done.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

As far as new Micros and better triggers,,, all I can say is what a difference the Single Stage Trigger Tech made in my Suppressor!

Buy the trigger tech for both, cause no matter if the bow you got coming is better or not,,, it will never equal the Single Stage Trigger Tech!
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

personal choice. if you wanna play with your set up.you could just send it back at least to see if it gets better. i run a few T.T.-S BUT gonna give you heads up to some minor things going on with a Trigger TECH even after ive sent 2 back for adjusting. the claws can auto re-set especially on a 405. another thing i found was the recoil upon shooting the 405 will travel through to the trigger and can give you that numb stingy feel. Trigger Techs fix is be sure that you can follow through the trigger pull. both my GEN 1 335 Micro triggers have been great and never felt a need to change them. my 405 had a very good trigger too but i changed to the Trigger Tech. its a little nicer and lives there now. ive had a suppressor and the trigger is a bit heavy. i suspect with the linkage bar the trigger buzz from the trigger tech shouldnt be as bad but i still havent installed it yet.
bob watkins

Post by bob watkins »

put in trigger tech in both bows be done with it
dithian

Post by dithian »

There seems to be a theme here: buy another TT. :D I'll see how it goes with the Micro trigger (whenever the blasted thing decides to get here). I can't wait to try the TT, though. Thanks, everyone, for your input!
Deerstalker

Post by Deerstalker »

I replaced the trigger in my Equinox with a TT trigger BUT I did not notice much difference. Most folks see an improvement but I did not. JMHO
Semper Fi

2012 Equinox
Firebolts & BEEs w Boltcutter & Slick Trick BHs 150gr
S-5 & Boo string, TT trigger, Nikon Bolt Xr scope
2012 Vortex w/S5 & Nikon Bolt Xr (son # 1)
2012 Axiom SMF w/S5 (son # 2)
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

I improve Triggers on rifles mostly savage model 99..I looked at the micro 335 trigger very simple ..But so far mine is fine no need for triggertech for me hunting ...Warranty states you cannot touch trigger BUT I can improve it if it was needed so far for hunting a Buck not needed ...

You can drop me PM if you like on how I improve model 99 triggers if you like..
dithian

Post by dithian »

Thanks, sproulman. I'll leave trigger tinkering to those with more knowhow. I have to admit, I'm tempted. I'm a pretty handy guy willing to take most things apart, but I almost shot my brother when I was a young'un because the the trigger on the .22 I was holding had been "adjusted" and went off when the gun was very slightly impacted. :shock: My finger was nowhere near the trigger. That moment is burned very clearly in my memory. That gave me a healthy fear of firearms, and a lifelong aversion to trigger tampering. (Of course, that's saying nothing about the perplexing lack of critical thinking on the part of the person who handed a 4 year old a .22 with a hair trigger.)
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

dithian wrote:Thanks, sproulman. I'll leave trigger tinkering to those with more knowhow. I have to admit, I'm tempted. I'm a pretty handy guy willing to take most things apart, but I almost shot my brother when I was a young'un because the the trigger on the .22 I was holding had been "adjusted" and went off when the gun was very slightly impacted. :shock: My finger was nowhere near the trigger. That moment is burned very clearly in my memory. That gave me a healthy fear of firearms, and a lifelong aversion to trigger tampering. (Of course, that's saying nothing about the perplexing lack of critical thinking on the part of the person who handed a 4 year old a .22 with a hair trigger.)
You are right..I hit my stock butt on carpet floor 3 times hard if trigger goes off you went to far..
dithian

Post by dithian »

Micro finally arrived, and the trigger is just fine. I think I'll keep the stock trigger in the Micro and put a TT in the M330. Thanks, everyone, for your input!