Sight In Troubles

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Ridger

Sight In Troubles

Post by Ridger »

Been trying to get a new Micro 335 dialed in with the stock Deadzone scope and have been running into issues at longer distances.

I sighted in the crosshairs to 20 yrds however as I back it out to 40 yrds, I can't seem to get the speed ring to adjust properly.

I have spun it from the lowest speed setting to the highest and it doesn't move the 30-60 yrd nocks at all. Really unable to dial it in to the proper speed.

Has anyone run into this before or have any ideas?
xcaliber

Re: Sight In Troubles

Post by xcaliber »

Shoot from a rest, zero your 20 yard. Move tall target, or two stacked to 40 yards, expect your arrow to hit low! Shoot at a dot near the top of the target using your 20 yard center mark knowing the arrow will hit about 30" low. Make sure you're shooting from a rest! Now, put your 20 yard center mark back on that top dot, and zoom in, or out until the 20 is on the top mark still, and your 40 is on that arrow, you're good to go through all ranges. This works with any scope that has hash marks, and any speed bow, I bet my arse on it! :wink: If you still have issues, make sure scope mount is not loose, and trigger screws are tight. If you cannot get this set, your scope is Bunk!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Ridger

Post by Ridger »

I have done exactly all of that... which makes me think what you have indicated in that the scope is cooked.

It's brand new though other than me sighting it in... have you heard of this before with the Dead zone?
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

It,s possible that it was bad from the start! Excalibur will replace it,so send it in and get a new one.
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Yep, although you're covered with a great warranty most folks upgrade the scope for sanity sake.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
LongCarbine

Post by LongCarbine »

If you are looking thru the scope and move the "speed ring "and the magnification does not change it would be the scope .
Matrix 355
Axiom (Alum.Rail)
Matrix B.D 330
bob watkins

Post by bob watkins »

get a better scope xb30 pro
Dzohio

Post by Dzohio »

My dead zone shot great for about a month. Then went haywire. Thought it was me, checked tightness of mounts etc... Sent it back and got a new dead zone and never had trouble again. Still very happy with dead zone scope
HellBilly-X

Post by HellBilly-X »

I have replaced all my Excalibur scopes with Hawke's, except the one on my Axiom it has shot great since day one. Believe me I wanted to swap it out for a Hawke but it shoots so dang good. LOL
Axiom 175/S5's "RedRum"
Trigger Tech 2 stage trigger
Varizone Scope
Black Eagle Executioners w/2in. Blazers
Swhackers
Micro Raid 335 "Minster" aka (Mini Monster)
Trigger Tech
Hawke XB1 SR
Gold Tip Swift Pros w/2in Blazers
Muzzy HBX
Ridger

Post by Ridger »

Well to say I'm frustrated is an understatement...

Received a new Deadzone under warranty within 3 days, which is great.

The not so great part is that this one appears to have the same issue, and I haven't even fired it??? Got it mounted and leveled in the indoors using a plumb bob. Loosened the set screw on the speed ring, and adjusting it makes no change to the zoom.

I am viewing a wall at approx 10 yrds away indoors, and would this be too short of a distance to notice any change in zoom?

I've adjusted the speed ring from 300 - 410 fps, and I do not notice any change to the zoom at all in the FOV.

Any thoughts, or is this 2 lemons in a row?
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

do not loosen the "set screw" put the speed ring in position for that screw to be tightened down again properly and try adjusting zoom after that.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Ridger

Post by Ridger »

Problem solved... Thanks!!!