scope problem on 350 SE

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

grouse

scope problem on 350 SE

Post by grouse »

I received my new 350 SE yesterday and assembled it this morning. The deadzone scope came pre assembled with top and bottom rings installed and tightened. After I attached the scope and adjusted the eye relief, I noticed that the crosshairs were tilted to the left. I loosened the four scope ring screws and attempted to rotate the scope to level it. It would not budge. Then I completely removed all four screws and the scope still would not rotate. The rings on the right (windage adjustment side) are touching each other and they are not on the left side. Do I just need to get more forceful with it or is there something else that I am missing? It's a brand new bow and I don't want to damage anything. I would appreciate any advice.
axiom
350 SE
L. E. Carroll

Re: scope problem on 350 SE

Post by L. E. Carroll »

Personally, I would tap the rings lightly with a plastic mallett while holding upward pressure on the Back of the scope. That IMO will do the trick with no damage to the scope... when re-applying keep the distance between top and bottom ring halfs equal on both sides and use blue loctite.

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
grouse

Post by grouse »

Thanks Gene,

I'm sure your suggestion would work but I think I'll contact Excalibur on Monday to get their blessing before I tap a scope with any type of a hammer. Hunting season doesn't open until Sept. 15 so I don't need to take any chances (however slight). Thanks also for your earlier recommendation on this model bow. I love the feel of it and it was just as easy to cock as my Axiom. I have no doubt that I made the right decision, especially at the price! I'll have it punching bullseyes long before opening morning.
axiom
350 SE
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Take all the rings screws out. Then see if'en scope will rotate, they may have squeezed tube too much
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
grouse

Post by grouse »

I took all 4 screws off this morning and the scope won't budge. I emailed Excalibur a while ago about the problem. I want to see what they say before I get rough with it. I looks like they assembled it wrong and loctited it in.
axiom
350 SE
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Take the scope off the mount n get ready to ship it n rings fer replacement
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Normous

Post by Normous »

Get a good hand grip on the front or rear bell and pull firmly till it comes out of the bottom ring assembly or tap it upward with a rubber mallet as suggested above.
It will come out of the rings.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
seabee401

Post by seabee401 »

Normous wrote:Get a good hand grip on the front or rear bell and pull firmly till it comes out of the bottom ring assembly or tap it upward with a rubber mallet as suggested above.
It will come out of the rings.
X2. I also assembled mine this a.m. and had the same exact issue. But having mounted my own scopes on fiearms for 30 years it was not really an issue. There is a piece of tacky tape on the bottom of each ring that the scope sits on. It becomes slightly stuck. It will come off using the above stated methods. With no damage. I did this to mine earlier today. :wink:
Tom
Phoenix I, Phoenix II, Excocet 200, Vortex, Matrix 350Se, Matrix 330, Matrix 310
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

if you don't want to tap it or pull hard on it don't get another, this comon with a lot of rings like was said, they use that tacky tape to keep them held tight on cheap rings. They will all do it. Do like you were told and grab that sucker and pull hard,, everyone else does or the factory would have to do it for everyone,

for goodness sakes it's and Excalibur they are made to take a lot more than that,,, it aint a fricken I pod!
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
grouse

Post by grouse »

Problem solved, and everyone was right. I emailed Dawn and she told me to send the scope back for replacement just as Vixenmaster predicted. I emailed her back saying what I really wanted was permission to try to fix it without violating the warranty. Permission was granted.

I removed the screws and it really didn't take much force to break the scope free. That ridiculous tape was there causing the scope to be unlevel and cocked to the left. I scraped the tape off with my fingernail, straightened, leveled and re-attached the scope (using blue Loctite) and everything is fine. I'll take it to the farm later this week where I'll sight it in. There are a few more days of turkey season left here and I may take the 350 out instead of a shotgun. Thanks to all.
axiom
350 SE
Buzzard II

Post by Buzzard II »

I looked at my Matrix 350 and Deadzone and decided to trade in the Deadzone while it was still new in the box. NEPabowhunter advised me to use the medium Warne rings and I ordered them too (they are steel). Dan Miller traded me and I'm getting a Leupold VX1 2-7x33 Heavy Duplex Shotgun reticle scope. Dan is great to deal with (I've done business with him for a few years) and plan to order from him in the near future. It cost me a few bucks, but the Leupold is a nice scope. Life is good!
Bob
THE IMMENSE IMPORTANCE OF A PINT OF ALE TO A COMMON PERSON SHOULD NEVER BE OVERLOOKED!