3D Shoot

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

[email protected]

3D Shoot

Post by [email protected] »

I went to the local range today for a 3D shoot. Driving in there was a gobbler strutting for a hen right on the rifle range. At registration they told us they had 2 gobblers and found one shot a few weeks ago before season. If you are going to shoot a turkey illegally, atleast take it home and eat it. :evil: Kinda ruined my day. Had 2 arrows go wild and figured out I wasn't always pushing the arrow back to the string. After that had a few off because of operator error but think the suppressor is doing its job. After 40 shots I can appreciate an easier pull but I can still do it. And I still like the bow. FWIW, there were 2 of us and the only ones with crossbows. Nobody seemed to care and everyone was friendly. The range is Penn-Dutch in New Holland,PA, they have these the last weekend of every month over summer. Cost is $10 for 40 shots and is open to the public.
xcaliber

Re: 3D Shoot

Post by xcaliber »

Stinks about the turkey, we had some idiot kill a bald eagle here in Indiana a few weeks ago, really pisses me off, and the DNR too. Glad to hear you had a great time without any harassment from the"Purists" :wink:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!