Firenocks......

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

amythntr

Firenocks......

Post by amythntr »

.....I must say that I refused to go out and spend $72 for 3 Firenocks just out of principle.....In addition to that I found the instructions just so complicated and found the owner's English so hard to understand....moreover, the alternative of the Ignitors and the Luminoks made and make so much more sense from a financial point of view.....after all where does it all stop in terms of Bling and how much more effective is it....remember, the majority of hunters that shoot compounds and crossbows STILL shoot with no "lighthouse" at the tail end of their rocketship anyway....and in most cases are equally effective if not more in the ultimate outcome....

.....having said that, I purchased three at the Sportsmen's show in Harrisburg in February and seemed to understand the explanation of how to use them....at least i knew I was buying the RIGHT combination since I brought a ZS with me...

.....Although I have not yet installed them into an arrow....I have put them together and have gotten them to turn on and off with ease....If the owner would utilize a professional speaker in putting his presentations together and write in english and not as the engineer which he is, I believe his sales WOULD increase....

.....with that said....they are supposed to weigh 30grains (similar to the Ignitor setup)...

.....for those of us shooting a Black Eagle ZS or Executioner the complete setup except for the batteries is "F3h-R"....there are three types of batteries depending upon the type of shooting (target or hunting)....

......whether they are worth the extra money....I am not sure....but that is a personal decision based upon each person and what their personal finances are or inclination to spend the extra money...i probably would NEVER have bought them if not for having been at the show.....for those who really want to try them....persevere, as they really are not difficult to understand and use.....

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
paulaboutform

Re: Firenocks......

Post by paulaboutform »

Hi Anthony, great to have you back. I bought the Firenocks because the custom M420 I have was mushrooming my plastic nocks and causing hairline fractures in my Luminok arrows. The Firenocks are AWESOME! It was a little intimidating to put them together but Dorge (the owner) talked me through it and I watched some YouTube vids on it as well. That being said, would I spend that kind of money on nocks again? No! I'm glad I got them and they'll only be used on my hunting arrows and never will two arrows be shot at the same bullseye. When I use my Firenocks up I'll simply go back to aluminum nocks and use Luminoks with one of my other bows. So, I agree with Anthony. If you're in a position to spend disposable income wantonly, by all means try them out. If you actually need to be aware of how you spend your money I don't think the Firenocks are necessary. I do believe they're superior to the other lighted nocks but not at quadruple the cost. That's my two bits.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
xpert1111

Post by xpert1111 »

I have absolutely no problems with Lumenoks and NO problems with their price! :lol:
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

xpert1111 wrote:I have absolutely no problems with Lumenoks and NO problems with their price! :lol:

.....neither do we....I had no problem with Ignitors either! :wink: The Firenocks are just another alternative for those who might be interested!

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

Anthony there are two light cuircuits hunting and target,, but 4 different batteries to choose for hunting if Dorge paid a professional speaker the price would go up,,, the more you use and read about these nocks, the more you are going to see how much technologies there is, and it's not cheap technologies that can fail,,, were talking the same trigger technology used to activate a smart bomb, nothing is more reliable!

It is like buying a 5 dollar flashlight off ebay and comparing it to an Thrunite or Niteforce of the same brightness. Ya ther both lights,, but it ends there!!!! One the cheap one you will need to buy batteries in bulk to feed it, the light it throws is light, but not as clean or bright as the other quality lights.

The batteries are available for more reasons than you stated,, there are 4 different battery choices for hunting,,

The "BR") will only last one year weather you use it or not, it has a 9 month shelf life, but it will make the light way brighter than any nock made! Plus it will stay lit for 1008 hours, or 42 days, you could go back a week later and in the dark find your arrow if it was under 6' of forrest leaves,, I have done that, went back after dark that is, but nice to know it durring that year battery life it will last no matter how much shooting you do, and still have days of runtime the end of season if you have to find an arrow days after you make a kill.

The BLonly has a run time of 420 hours or 21 days of constant use But it has a shelf life of 36 month,, you also don't get as bright a light as with the BR,, over 1400 less lumens, but still as bright as the competition!

The BU 240 hours run time and only 10 days constant run time,, but the battery has a huge shelf life,, 84 months or 7 years staying at full power. and you loose almost another 1000 lumens, still right there with the competition.

Both of these last two batteries work in most hunting temeratures down to -4 degree's while the brightest available,, the one I buy every year,, works down to -17 degrees,, and yes, I have been out hunting below -6 and found my arrow under 6" of snow 20 yards behind where it went under the white stuff!

But, even the BR wont work at -55*, but for those in the the yukon or anyone braving temps mower than 20 below are covered by firenock, The BX, no one else can offer thisw performance with any nock, but Dorge has made it available with the same light cicuits you bought, and you would need to add is a battery,, pricey,, but yes you can do it with the equipment you invested in, I believe this is an extreme but hay,, no one gets left out at this price,,, :roll:

This is how I look at firenocks, investments, but I have over $30.00 in just the arrow and broadhead, If I save finding one, it paid for the 25 dollar nock I had in it, even if I loose it after that.

I only use the BR battery it is so bright it is unbelievable how much ground or debris it can be buried in and after dark you will be able to see the glow of the light coming through whatever it is under, corn stubble, leaves, snow, you name it, you will love it, and no way can it ever fail to light, or accidentally be turned off, and nothing is easier to turn off or on,, but like I said,, impossible to accidentally do either! Enjoy, there are always better bows for one reason or the other,,,,,, There is no way you can compare any other lighted nock to firenock,, nothing out there can do what it does,, like I say, anything can produce a light! Getting it to work in any situation is another story,,,,,

I wont go into any style nock you can use, I only use the D2 full capture in any Excalibur, but use the full capture in every bow I own, because they are the most reliable and safest, I wont even go into color choices for any nock style,, but like I say no nock will do what firenock will, but firenock will do anything any other can do!
Last edited by wildcatter on Fri May 12, 2017 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
rattlerun

Post by rattlerun »

Well said Wildcatter. I have 2 dozen arrows with battery end caps already installed, plus 9 f-style circuits ready to go. I keep using the same one for 5 deer over 3 years. I used flat nocks. Why do you use capture nocks.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

wildcatter wrote:Anthony there are two light cuircuits hunting and target,, but 4 different batteries to choose for hunting if Dorge paid a professional speaker the price would go up,,, the more you use and read about these nocks, the more you are going to see how much technologies there is, and it's not cheap technologies that can fail,,, were talking the same trigger technology used to activate a smart bomb, nothing is more reliable!

It is like buying a 5 dollar flashlight off ebay and comparing it to an Thrunite or Niteforce of the same brightness. Ya ther both lights,, but it ends there!!!! One the cheap one you will need to buy batteries in bulk to feed it, the light it throws is light, but not as clean or bright as the other quality lights.

The batteries are available for more reasons than you stated,, there are 4 different battery choices for hunting,,

The "BR") will only last one year weather you use it or not, it has a 9 month shelf life, but it will make the light way brighter than any nock made! Plus it will stay lit for 1008 hours, or 42 days, you could go back a week later and in the dark find your arrow if it was under 6' of forrest leaves,, I have done that, went back after dark that is, but nice to know it durring that year battery life it will last no matter how much shooting you do, and still have days of runtime the end of season if you have to find an arrow days after you make a kill.

The BLonly has a run time of 420 hours or 21 days of constant use But it has a shelf life of 36 month,, you also don't get as bright a light as with the BR,, over 1400 less lumens, but still as bright as the competition!

The BU 240 hours run time and only 10 days constant run time,, but the battery has a huge shelf life,, 84 months or 7 years staying at full power. and you loose almost another 1000 lumens, still right there with the competition.

Both of these last two batteries work in most hunting temeratures down to -4 degree's while the brightest available,, the one I buy every year,, works down to -17 degrees,, and yes, I have been out hunting below -6 and found my arrow under 6" of snow 20 yards behind where it went under the white stuff!

But, even the BR wont work at -55*, but for those in the the yukon or anyone braving temps mower than 20 below are covered by firenock, The BX, no one else can offer thisw performance with any nock, but Dorge has made it available with the same light cicuits you bought, and you would need to add is a battery,, pricey,, but yes you can do it with the equipment you invested in, I believe this is an extreme but hay,, no one gets left out at this price,,, :roll:

This is how I look at firenocks, investments, but I have over $30.00 in just the arrow and broadhead, If I save finding one, it paid for the 25 dollar nock I had in it, even it.

T only use the BR battery it is so bright it is unbelievable how much ground or debris it can be buried in and after dark you will be able to see the glow of the light coming through whatever it is under, corn stubble, leaves, snow, you name it, you will live it, and no way can it ever fail to light, or accidentally be turned off, and nothing is easier to turn off or on,, but like I said,, impossible to accidentally do either! Enjoy, there are always better bows for one reason or the other,,,,,, There is no way you can compare any other lighted nock to firenock,, nothing out there can do what it does,, like I say, anything can produce a light! Getting it to work in any situation is another story,,,,,

I wont go into any style nock you can use, I only use the D2 full capture in any Excalibur, but use the full capture in every bow I own, because they are the most reliable and safest, I wont even go into color choices for any nock style,, but like I say no nock will do what firenock will, but firenock will do anything any other can do!
....I totally agree with you WC....I am a little more familiar with the product now.....I just couldn't understand him in terms of his English....Having met him and speaking to him at the Sportsmen's show I understand him....he showed me exactly what i needed....I guess initially it was too overwhelming for me....now it is easy peasey....now if i could only get past the price....but it is clearly the most superior and brightest product out there....

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

I here ya Anthony,, he requires yer full attention to get it all,, and I at times gota tell em slow down and say that in simple terms,, we aint all nuclear engineers!! But he is a very educated man,,,

As for why I use full capture in every bow I use,, when I feel that snap on the string I know their is no chance of semi dryfires! I know a loos arrow holder aint gonna let me arrow move from when it is snapped on the string. With flats and moons I was constantly checking to be sure the arrow had not moved even in the stand,, no more.

I always have had excellent results, with Extreme spreads for arrow speed running less than 1 fps for 10 shot strings with a set of well matched arrows,, and accuracy that is beyond expectation! sub 1" 50 to 70 yard groups with multiple bow's,,,, so why not?
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
SEW

Post by SEW »

Lumenoks have worked well with my 380,400,405. No signs of stress. I assume that the Firenocks are better . Wildcatter explained that very well. Thanks. There's no shortage of expertise on this board.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

SEW wrote:Lumenoks have worked well with my 380,400,405. No signs of stress. I assume that the Firenocks are better . Wildcatter explained that very well. Thanks. There's no shortage of expertise on this board.
.....Rumor has it that they are so bright that a single blinking firenock has been seen from the International Space Station :roll: :shock: :mrgreen:

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
DES

Post by DES »

I've tried a lot of the lighted nocks out there but keep coming back to Firenocks, I use the nocks even without the lighted circuit.
Excal 350 SE
Stryker LS 390
Scorpyd Vent 150
bill1111

Post by bill1111 »

Does Mr Miller have full capture nocks