String Difference

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Chunkychuck

String Difference

Post by Chunkychuck »

I purchased my Vortex last year (new) on Amazon. Because they were giving 12 months free financing on whatever I purchased with the bow, I ordered the Fast Flight Flemish string along with some other items. I got three deer with the standard string supplied on the bow. I'm wondering what advantage I would gain by putting on the Fast Flight string. All three were under 25 yds away. We're about 4 1/2 months from bow season so I'm wanting to change the string now if the concensus is I should. I await your responses.
xcaliber

Re: String Difference

Post by xcaliber »

You will gain on average 15 FPS speed, but give up the forgiveness in case of a dry fire. The FF material is made for faster performance but Dacron which is used for the stock EL string is much more forgiving.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Welcome to the forum!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
Buzzard II

Post by Buzzard II »

Speed doesn't kill, but arrow placement does.
THE IMMENSE IMPORTANCE OF A PINT OF ALE TO A COMMON PERSON SHOULD NEVER BE OVERLOOKED!
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

F/F strings and string bumpers ( S-5's in this case) go great together for good insurance. :wink:

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

In my opinion the real advantage of a ff flemish string is the fact that they stay adjusted a lot longer a lot less fiddling. On my "slow bows" the vixen and ibex after settling in its. Rare that they need much adjustment . The faster bows 330 ,355 maby after 200 shots needs a twist. I set a new string 3/4 from the bumpers then they seem to settle to a 1/4 ln a day or 2 or say 30 shots.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

Chunkychuck wrote:I purchased my Vortex last year (new) on Amazon. Because they were giving 12 months free financing on whatever I purchased with the bow, I ordered the Fast Flight Flemish string along with some other items. I got three deer with the standard string supplied on the bow. I'm wondering what advantage I would gain by putting on the Fast Flight string. All three were under 25 yds away. We're about 4 1/2 months from bow season so I'm wanting to change the string now if the concensus is I should. I await your responses.
I would just stick with the factory string if all your shots are that close. As stated, Factory string is much safer in case of a dry fire ! There are two types of hunters.......Ones who have dry fired their bows and those that are going too !
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]