Tick tick tick tick

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Buzzard II

Re: Tick tick tick tick

Post by Buzzard II »

What is good for kids? My 3 year old grandson plays outside in the grass for hours. My daughter and son-in-law check him, but protection from ticks is needed. Thanks!
Bob

UPDATE: I just found some stuff on Amazon from Sawyer in a blue package with 20% Picaridin. OK to use on skin. I have to have my daughter get some for my grand son.
THE IMMENSE IMPORTANCE OF A PINT OF ALE TO A COMMON PERSON SHOULD NEVER BE OVERLOOKED!
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Its permetherin. Sawyer is good stuff. Its for clothes.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Goose52

Post by Goose52 »

If you are mixing your own make it a heaver concentrate. If not mixing your own you should be. :)[/quote]

i was using the sawyers in a pre-mixed spray bottle. guess i should used this instead:
https://www.amazon.com/Permethrin-36-8- ... permethrin

thanks for the tip
mark
Micro 335 Nightmare (Black Bo)
Twilight DLX
Wyvern's Gold Tips
Drstirrup
Matrix 350LE
ihunt

Post by ihunt »

Buzzard II wrote:What is good for kids? My 3 year old grandson plays outside in the grass for hours. My daughter and son-in-law check him, but protection from ticks is needed. Thanks!
Bob

UPDATE: I just found some stuff on Amazon from Sawyer in a blue package with 20% Picaridin. OK to use on skin. I have to have my daughter get some for my grand son.
No no no never put on skin. Spray clothes, let dry then wear, avoid touching while wet unless wearing gloves and spray outdoors.
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

Wal-mart just go big shipment in this week and they are down to 3 bottles..I bought all 3 bottles ....It is odorless also ..
CT.HNTR

Post by CT.HNTR »

I got Lyme disease back in 2012 and ever since I have been using the Sawyer Permethrin spray on my scouting and hunting clothing and it works great. It has an odor when first applied but most of the odor dissipates when it dries and is completely gone after the first washing. I have noticed it works much better on 100% polyester fabric. It also works on cotton jeans but not nearly as well as it does on polyester. I also always wear a base layer of under armor for additional protection. I change clothes when I get back to the truck and leave my woods clothes in a large plastic bag in the bed of the truck. It's important not to transport ticks into the inside of your vehicle as they will eventually get on you and you may not be aware of it until it's too late. That's how I picked up Lyme.
Matrix Bulldog 440
BOO Custom Strings
Vortex Crossfire II
18 Inch Zombies with 110 Grain Brass Inserts
125 Grain Slick tricks
2 Inch Blazer Vanes with Right Helical
Arrowflinger

Post by Arrowflinger »

Pick your poison I guess. I haven't seen a tick since I was a kid ; maybe fire ants?
Matrix 350 LE 18 in. Diablos 150 gr. Boltcutters Zombie Slayers 150 gr. Slick Tricks C2 crank Hawkke XB 30 Pro SR
Buzzard II

Post by Buzzard II »

ihunt wrote:
Buzzard II wrote:What is good for kids? My 3 year old grandson plays outside in the grass for hours. My daughter and son-in-law check him, but protection from ticks is needed. Thanks!
Bob

No no no never put on skin. Spray clothes, let dry then wear, avoid touching while wet unless wearing gloves and spray outdoors.
I read the label of the lotion (Amazon), item # SP544 (lotion) and it states it can be applied to the hands and then to the face and neck. Lotion comes in a squeeze bottle, not a spray. If I'm missing something please let me (and others) know. Thanks! Bob
THE IMMENSE IMPORTANCE OF A PINT OF ALE TO A COMMON PERSON SHOULD NEVER BE OVERLOOKED!
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

CT.HNTR wrote:I got Lyme disease back in 2012 and ever since I have been using the Sawyer Permethrin spray on my scouting and hunting clothing and it works great. It has an odor when first applied but most of the odor dissipates when it dries and is completely gone after the first washing. I have noticed it works much better on 100% polyester fabric. It also works on cotton jeans but not nearly as well as it does on polyester. I also always wear a base layer of under armor for additional protection. I change clothes when I get back to the truck and leave my woods clothes in a large plastic bag in the bed of the truck. It's important not to transport ticks into the inside of your vehicle as they will eventually get on you and you may not be aware of it until it's too late. That's how I picked up Lyme.
Kids rub dog they get ticks.Wife rubs dog they get bit ..Dog sleeps in bed both get bit.I f you spray your clothes with perm before going in woods no need to change clothes at truck but is good idea.Folks in shorts get bit quick in truck from our ticks ...

wal-mart is selling spray perm quick they said big sales item it is..

they invented cedar oil that can be sprayed on dog..
Buzzard II

Post by Buzzard II »

I just found some spray-on cedar oil that is safe for humans and pets. Check it out for yourself. Tick Shield Tactical by Cedarcide. It says it has a strong cedar smell to it, but it works. They also have one for small pets. Google Cedarcide or Tick Shield Tactical by Cedarcide.
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

Buzzard II wrote:I just found some spray-on cedar oil that is safe for humans and pets. Check it out for yourself. Tick Shield Tactical by Cedarcide. It says it has a strong cedar smell to it, but it works. They also have one for small pets. Google Cedarcide or Tick Shield Tactical by Cedarcide.
I hope it works spraying chemicals on our dogs is not good ..Then they invent pill dog eats to repel ticks who would ever give their dog POISON in pill to eat.bad idea..
Ragumup

Post by Ragumup »

Iv been using these clothes found them hard wearing and never yet had tick on me yet , I believe it's tick proof even after 50 washers ...rovince clothing http://www.rovince.co.uk/
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

Since I am chronic lyme I started feel lousy a couple of months ago and I was not getting any better in fact worse . I decided to call my Dr last week and get the lab work done for any tick diseases will the lyme came back active lyme most likely missed that tick in March so 30 Days on doxy
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

hunter with MS wrote:Since I am chronic lyme I started feel lousy a couple of months ago and I was not getting any better in fact worse . I decided to call my Dr last week and get the lab work done for any tick diseases will the lyme came back active lyme most likely missed that tick in March so 30 Days on doxy
I think I am badly sick again from Lymes...Going to doctor again this week.Dropping things from my hands,dizzy and arthritis in every joint i fall bending over and my skin itchs at times on my back ..
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

Trouble is you can't find and get all of them . Some will get through repellent even if you took a bath in the stuff . What are we supposed to do climb in a bubble ? Not me I just go on doing what I want or can do .