Tick tick tick tick

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Buzzard II

Re: Tick tick tick tick

Post by Buzzard II »

sproulman,
I wish you a speedy recovery! For what it's worth I decided against cedarcide and went for the Sawyers. They have a lot of different repellants so you need to look before you buy. Again, I hope you get well soon.
Bob
THE IMMENSE IMPORTANCE OF A PINT OF ALE TO A COMMON PERSON SHOULD NEVER BE OVERLOOKED!
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

Buzzard II wrote:sproulman,
I wish you a speedy recovery! For what it's worth I decided against cedarcide and went for the Sawyers. They have a lot of different repellants so you need to look before you buy. Again, I hope you get well soon.
Bob

I am Bad bob..stiff joints,loss of memory,dropping things ,FATIGUE ,itching,burning feet ,muscle pain in right front hip..Back on Doxcycline again 100mg for month...There is new test that is promising coming out...

This is getting very serious my left side of my face locked up last deer season while I was in my treestand summit climber pulled muscle in my neck and all I was doing was sitting...

Insurance co are now NOT covering Lymes disease and with Trump cuts coming we are scared ...Not looking good we are in state of emergency here in central pa its so bad...
Micro.slayer

Post by Micro.slayer »

Antibiotics don't work for everyone. I was sitting in my Doctor office when this 15 yr old boy came in. The medicine did not work for him. For weeks. That's fudge up
I have Lyme.But was lucky went to doctor on the 6 th day. My neighbor fell over last week. We all thought he had a heart attack ambulance came took him to hospital. When they checked him out Spots on his back. Kept him for 5 days. His hand was swollen and big rash where bitten. I have 5 spots wear tics crawled in me. Wont heal or go away. My Pitbull has Lyme 5 yrs old . He's crippled. All my neighbors have it. They don't hunt. But I think once you get it. Your body builds a tolerance. It wont stop me from hunting. Never. Maybe it will make us tougher.
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

your body does not build any tolerance to lyme because it mimics other systems in your body . It can go into remission for a time . I have it messing with my heart not the first time . You have to remember lyme is a multi system disease and it can go anywhere at anytime some people need to be on the doxy longer then 30 days first time I got Lyme I was on the doxy for 90 days that was in the 90's . If you had an Mri of your brain when you have lyme you could find plaques in spots on your brain from Lyme like MS .
Micro.slayer

Post by Micro.slayer »

We are screwed! I know I feel different since I been bit.
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

If you pull the tick put some Bacitracin on it and cover it with a band aid that will get the infection out. I have a lot of tick bite scars some go a way some don't . Yes my health has been on the down hill slid since the first time I got lyme It most likely is the start of my MS .
PublicLandHunter1

Post by PublicLandHunter1 »

I have been using this home-made recipe for that last few years. I get headaches with the Sawyer spray, so I started using this. You take 2 tablespoons of each: Rosemary, Wormwood, Lavender, Peppermint, Sage, and Tea Tree Oil. Mix with Apple Cider Vinegar, bring to a boil (do this outside or your entire house will smell like this for days. This is considered toxic so it only goes on your clothes. I also wear a tick suit I bought from Cabelas. Then I use tape around my pants (where they tuck into my boots), where my sleeves and gloves meet, and around my waist. This seems to keep ticks off me while I check my game cameras throughout the summer. If I get a tick on me, I use the Meda-Honey that comes from Europe, it kills most things the same as antibiotics.
BD400 with XV530IR scope, HHA Optimizer
Zombie 20 inch with lighted nocks
Afflictor Broadheads K2 125 grain
Bulldog 380 HHA Optimizer with the XV530IR scope, Triggertech
Spinal Tapps- 18-inch
Afflictor Broadheads K2 125 grain