OT: A Fine & Proper SCARE!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

jody5252

Re: OT: A Fine & Proper SCARE!

Post by jody5252 »

Blessings for a healthy recovery.
Exocet 200 & Micro 315 2219 Magnums-Flex Fletch SK200/300 Vanes-10 Point and Sightmark Scope-Single post quiver mts.-Vixenmaster/Trinity/8 pt.Flemish Strings-Dirt-Nap100/125 gr.-Lumenoks
bubba

Post by bubba »

Best wishes to ya Nog. Hope all goes well for you.
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Well... another visit to the SawBones today.

The "good" news:
The retina has healed up pretty good from the first surgery, and is now largely re-attached as it should be.
Next surgery is scheduled for a week from this Thursday (6 July).
Doc still thinks there are "decent odds" of improving the vision from what it currently is.

The Bad:
There is no current vision. Smeared colors across a blurred background.
Following surgery, I will have to be positioned face (nose) down for 20 of 24 hours over the course of a week. :shock:
Next surgery date following that "to be discussed" dependent on the outcome of this one.

When I inquired about meds to assist that, he openly inquired if they were for the wife. :roll:

Man, that is going to be the week from hell... :(

Still hopeful...
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Hang tough my Brother, praying for the best outcome Matt!

Dan
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Fazan

Post by Fazan »

Get a good headset and some relaxing music Matt. Lot of time to kill during that week...
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Matt, you bring a whole new meaning to the term, 'bottoms up!' :mrgreen: ...I think you could use a little humor about now buddy. I really do wish a speedy and perfect recovery for you.
......I didn't even mention 'hind sight' :wink:

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Normous

Post by Normous »

Hang in there Matt...one week of hell = looking well again. There are worse things to endure.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

paulaboutform wrote:Matt, you bring a whole new meaning to the term, 'bottoms up!' :mrgreen: ...I think you could use a little humor about now buddy. I really do wish a speedy and perfect recovery for you.

Paul
WOW, your tacky side comes out! :lol: Well that is just mean spirited!
Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.....Matt, what kind of as(s)inine :shock: requirement is that the doctor is making you do :( ....Hurry up and get better quickly so you can put an as(s)terisk on this phase of your life! :mrgreen:

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

flightattendant100 wrote:
paulaboutform wrote:Matt, you bring a whole new meaning to the term, 'bottoms up!' :mrgreen: ...I think you could use a little humor about now buddy. I really do wish a speedy and perfect recovery for you.

Paul
WOW, your tacky side comes out! :lol: Well that is just mean spirited!
Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery
Tacky!? Mean Spirited?!!! :evil: :x I think you're a little crazy! :lol: .....My brother Nog knows there's NO malice in my joking around. :wink:

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

paulaboutform wrote:......I didn't even mention 'hind sight' :wink:
A little comic relief never hurts! :lol:
Good thing you weren't inquiring as to any possible LGBT buddies lurkin' in the background! :shock:

Gotta be honest, I am freaked. Hanging onto sanity, but the thread is thin at this point...

Turns out that even though these procedures are damn near brand new, there is equipment to help see you through it. Picking up a bed mount face rest, specialized chair and more the day of the surgery... :shock:

Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I'm with you on many fronts Matt. Getting older, capable of less than I'm used too, and scared to death of loosing what i have left. I'm still in good shape, work out as much as possible, and don't sit still. I put my eye sight way up there in terms of things I appreciate, right next to my libido. :lol: :lol: Just funning! My eye sight comes in second! :shock: Again, poking the dog! Anyway, have faith, there are many here pulling for you, and you are a good man, God has that in mind. Do what the Doc says, rest up, and stay strong. What happens is what happens, and you'll pull through it. I'm hoping better than you expect!
Damn Good Luck to You Matt!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

IronNoggin wrote:
paulaboutform wrote:......I didn't even mention 'hind sight' :wink:
A little comic relief never hurts! :lol:
Good thing you weren't inquiring as to any possible LGBT buddies lurkin' in the background! :shock:

Gotta be honest, I am freaked. Hanging onto sanity, but the thread is thin at this point...

Turns out that even though these procedures are damn near brand new, there is equipment to help see you through it. Picking up a bed mount face rest, specialized chair and more the day of the surgery... :shock:

Nog
That's the way he treats FRIENDS! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tom

Post by Tom »

Matt, I sure hope everything works up well for you

Paul
Wow Paul, I do believe that Nog needs to come to Boofest just so when he defeats you, takes your (the prize) knife, and then winks his good eye while he takes his knife (the prize) ........ how are you going to answer that :lol: .

To be honest, a little humour does a lot of good to ease the mind in times like these.

Tom
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

xcaliber wrote:I'm with you on many fronts Matt. Getting older, capable of less than I'm used too, and scared to death of loosing what i have left. I'm still in good shape, work out as much as possible, and don't sit still. I put my eye sight way up there in terms of things I appreciate, right next to my libido. :lol: :lol: Just funning! My eye sight comes in second! :shock: Again, poking the dog! Anyway, have faith, there are many here pulling for you, and you are a good man, God has that in mind. Do what the Doc says, rest up, and stay strong. What happens is what happens, and you'll pull through it. I'm hoping better than you expect!
Damn Good Luck to You Matt!
.....If I were you Dan....I would rank your Arsesole up there at number one....because if that don't work you will quickly find out that no other part(s) of your body will function well for too long....hence the story of "all the parts of the body arguing over who should be boss!"....I'm sure you have heard that one! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings